1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Some of the Great bloodlines, Can I get some pics?

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Hells Bells, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

Bells.... Why do you want a game bred 'type' dog??????

2. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

I want a taste of pure bulldog ness. I want to weight pull, agility, obedience, the look, the tradition, having a real well bred dog is a good thing to me. I might even try shouldzun depends on the dog.

3. Crystal621

Crystal621 Big Dog

You could get all that with a nice Matrix dog...

You shouldn't be choosing which lines you want just off of looks and taking the two "prettiest" and want them crossed together...research the lines themselves and the dogs behind them and see which one has what you want in a dog...don't go off of looks. An ugly dog can come from anywhere.

ETA: You may not be ready for a "taste of pure bulldog ness" since I've seen you don't like the outta control DA dogs and let your dog play with bones with other dogs. No offense, but these dogs aren't for everyone, just so they can say "I have a game bred dog."

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2009
  4. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

ETA: You may not be ready for a "taste of pure bulldog ness" since I've seen you don't like the outta control DA dogs and let your dog play with bones with other dogs. No offense, but these dogs aren't for everyone, just so they can say "I have a game bred dog."........... good point crystal621

5. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

That was a long time ago with the bones... she had never showed any food aggression with other dogs other than that time. I always put up bones and toys now. I have just as much right as any of you to have any dog that I choose.

6. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Not to mention I'm not getting another pit bull for a couple to few years unless I get lucky within that time period and get a house with a yard. I've said it before that I'm on here to learn about the "real" bulldogs and get information on bloodlines for my next dog.

Then add some links to their temperaments because I can't find anything like that on google either or I would have already done it.

I know a game bred dog is supposed to be fantastic with people and children. I know with other animals it can be an issue. But I know how to deal with it.

7. Crystal621

Crystal621 Big Dog

A few months isn't a long time ago...

Anyway, you're right, you do have the right to own any dog. I think it's irresponsible to just get one 'cause you can. The only reason I question your motive is because I've seen your views on dogs acting up in the ring, chaining, dogs pulling on leads etc. What are your plans when the dog doesn't like Helena anymore and won't play nice no matter how hard you try? Crate and rotate?

How about this story for ya; I have two males. They were fine as pups, now, they can't even look at each other. Simple solution crate and rotate right? No, my one male chewed out of his crate in a matter of seconds to get to the other one. The other one can squeeze through a wire crate. You have to have a plan and an open mind to have kennel runs or chain the dog, you can't be against it and say you'll just crate and rotate, not with determined dogs.

I suggested Matrix dogs because they can do everything you want to do and you have already talked about how you admired them. They are proven show/weight pull/obedience/agility dogs. Go with what works, ya know?

8. Crystal621

Crystal621 Big Dog

What links to temperaments are you looking for? I don't get it.

I know you're here to learn (so am I). That's why I said research the lines to figure out what you like, not go off of one or two photos and say that's what you want. While everyone has posted beautiful dogs, I'm sure they didn't just go get it because it had a pretty dog in it's ped.

9. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Getting a matrix dog would be ideal. I won't keep a dog outside 24/7 If I had a safe enough yard to tie one dog out in it when it wasn't attended than I might have to do that but it wouldn't be Helena. And I would train the new dog just like I have trained Helena and I've ended up with a nice friendly dog that is manageable and obeys commands. She knows several commands. You should train any dog. If you went to a dog show with a wild bulldog in the ring, I just think it looks nicer if your dog is obeying like a conformation dog, which I saw most of the dogs at the show doing.

Obedience training is important for any dog. And I have a perfect pit bull house dog and never has any accidents on the carpet, doesn't chew things, tear up walls. I broke her out of all of that. She's still got a lot of energy but she was really energetic when she was around 9 months.

Anyway the bone issue happened last year, I might of just posted about it a few months ago.

I would do what it takes to keeping my two dogs getting along or not being allowed to be around each other. I know this. K

10. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

What are the temperaments like in boyles dogs and bourdreux, how energetic, personality traits, da traits, health ect.

11. Turner

Turner Big Dog

I'm not gonna get me a bulldog till I move out and can have some chain set ups.... For what you want, maybe you should get an AmStaff, or maybe a more laid back show bred APBT... like UKC or something. I'm not saying you don't have the right to own these dogs or anything like that but agility, obedience? I think you'd lose that obedience trial if a dog looked at your bulldog the wrong way ;)

12. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

What are the temperaments like in boyles dogs and bourdreux, how energetic, personality traits, da traits, health ect......They are bulldogs 100% and act like bulldogs.

13. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

HELLS BELLS what you need to do is spen time with people who have been in to bulldogs for years. Learn what they are like you will not get answers from online. peds dp nothing for you the dogs will tell you what you need to know thats the onlly way to tell. IDK what you can learn from shows people will tell you what you want to hear.After all thay are mostly trying to sell dogs.Just spen time with dogmen and learn from them.

14. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Well then where do I find a dogman in my area? lol Matrix dogs are ADBA/UKC registered. Their dog owned by reloaded kennels persesphone won the first ever dual grand ch in conformation champion. Bahamutts dogs are dual registered and have won shows in both registries. Her dog loki is an UKC Ultra Dog for titeling in every sport, wight pull, agility, obedience, conformation. And they've got some strong dogs backing them.

15. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

''Well then where do I find a dogman in my area'' give it time you will meet people who have what you want. but the lines you name your outlook will hinder friendships with people who keep gamedogs.''Bahamutts dogs'' are what you want not boyles dogs and bourdreux dogs.

16. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

while i admire your dedication, i think you should take this one step at a time. you may be ready for another dog, but is your current dog? jealousy is always a factor, especially if they are both to be indoors. i mean, is helena gonna be able to have the same quality of life she become accustomed to with a million mile an hour pup? let alone when that pup starts to get a little attitude. will she back off and be submissive, or will it become WWIII in your living room? im asking this because you know her better than anyone. rushing into this type of dog is never a good idea. so much changes when you have a "gamier" dog. i read in previous posts you live in town...thats a hard one right there.

17. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

A truely Gamebread dog may just ruin youre life. At this point in the game, you may not be ready for a bulldog bread from the gamedog lines mentioned in youre op. I started with a Big 85 pound amstaff. Love him to death. Not a game bone in his huge ass body.He is a Great petbull but in no way a gamedog. The difference between a staff or byb pitbull VS. A Gamebread bulldog from working parents is night and day.I dont want to disscourage but you have alot of learning to do and need More firsthand experiance with the true apbt before you are ready to own one. Just my opinion
    Big Game

18. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Yes, I said I wasn't ready to get another dog NOW I mean in a few years. Thats why I'm figuring things out. So far any future dog is just a dream. ;)

19. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

please don't ever get a game bred dog. please.

20. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Ok glad I'm not known as shes got heart over here cuz you guys just ripped it out. :(