1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

some Corvino history

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by jeepfreek, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

Corvino's Gimp and Cunningham's Boxer were 2 different dogs. I have pictures of all 3.
    Boxer was the sire of Prince Valient which you find in the pedigree of Bentley's Dolly.

I took the picture of Boxer right off Cunningham's wall.

2. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

3. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Yeah, I'v looked at both of those before b. I always thought them to be littermates also, but the Fall Episode of the Gazette has a bit in it that states otherwise. I am not one to say it is true or false, but it was published and has a couple credible sources refferenced to it also. The atricle says that some of this information was not known by anyone until they began to look over some of the old breeding records. This history was from before the ADBA was the ADBA, but rather The Pit Bull Terrier Breeders Assn, Inc.
    It also shows a breeding record that hes Con's real name in it, which I did not know previously either.
    Just thought it fit subject and was interesting.

4. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

ADBA!!!
    ADBA had nothing to do with it!
    Those dogs were UKC and their number not the same!
    I have the UKC papers with those names.
    I also have pictures of those dogs thou the look more alike then do Shorty but it is clear they are not.

I have the orginal picture of Boxer from Cunningham of which they made post cards from.
    Boxer had a shorter muzzle.

5. MAPS

MAPS Pup

Had his (BUSTER) son
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=386223
    He is wearing a Harness I make in this ...not long after his "nose job" lol....
    Sold him to the Balkans and along with a female (gift) off of my Little Milou dog a.... (pure Milou dog Corvino on top and bottom)Which eventually produced complete lines of good bulldogs. (2 hr dogs are a dime a dozen ...not to mention dozen 3 hr dogs and a few 4 hr dogs) They culled hard and proper...but thats another story in itself.
    Along with Tom (Buster's son) SHEBESTA HAD A GIROUX BITCH THAT WAS JUST AS GOOD AS ANY BITCH ON HIS YARD (Too bad we never got the chance to breed her to Little Milou) as she also was a Milou dog herself but it never came to fruit, Mike unfortunately passed away a few yrs back on a Bike (cycle)
    Those Good days are now now gone (to see real dogs go) unless u r in Europe or Asia (Simply away from the U.S. of America) South America has great dogs though...
    Great dogs great times ......great memories now.
    MAPS

P.S. BTW...Will be in the Balkans in about 7 wks ....to catch a glimpse of yesteryear's events..

6. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

Isn't that the dog (Ch. Tom) Zoran had that quit?

Oh Ziggy and Dennis had many 2 hr dogs from Ch. Milou & sons.
    I got to see a lot of that stock.

BTW on the OFRNR forum, on the bottom side of Buster's pedigree, the breeders, there is a picture of me standing with a bunch of people, couple of those people, their names are on very back side of that pedigree. :)

BTW, don't fool yourself, the real dogs are still around and doing fine.
    Just in the US, it took awhile for many to learn to keep their mouth shut again, part of the rest of the world has yet learn to do........

7. FATCITY

FATCITY Big Dog

I have to ask is the Al brown Tacomas Jack the same Tacomas jack in the news article below his pic they look totally different the one in the article looks more like a bull terrier?

8. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

As far as I know Tom never quit!
    Over there he´s called Yellow Tom.

9. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

If it is the one Zoran had, he did. I'm surprised people don't know about it by now.
    In his loses, he quit.
    There are many Canadian dogmen who were there and watched it.
    Ask Zoi. Pinky & the Brain, Rum Crooks. etc.
    I was offered the stock, didn't want it.
    Directly from Zoran.
    Maybe you don't recall when I was in Cenral Eurpoe in 1992.
    But then again I didn't care for how he bred a lot of those dogs.
    Not my call, I wasn't feeding them anymore.
    I know I was asked enough about them....

10. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

I will say, there were two champion Toms sent from Canada.
    This might be the other one.
    I didn't see any of Zoran's breeding off this Tom...

11. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

One is called Black Tom, he is called Auclairs Ch. Black Tom and he was a 5 x w and 1 x l, the loss was against his own father back in Canada when he was about 16 moth and was said he had lost in 1 hr 15 min game.

Yellow tom is called Brousseaus & Shaughnessy´s Tom. He won the first two in Canada and lost his third against Captain America´s Ch. Gunner in 1 hrs 16 mins, I don´t know if he quit there.
    He was the first dog that was shown at a professional match in the Balkans against Ljubomir´s Thor.
    His fifth he won over Djurisisc & Vujovics Flit.

He was also matched against Black Tom and going uphill 6 kg and was picked up at 1 hrs 53 mins and gave a courtesy scratch!

So he lost against two dogs, against Auclair´s Tom and against Ch. Gunner, at the match against Tom it is reported he didn´t quit!

So just being curious!

Both Toms did produce well, as far as I know Auclair´s Tom blood is a little bit watered down and peddled a lot.

12. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

Maybe one of our Balkan members could join the discussion and tell us something!

13. Eagle

Eagle Big Dog

Bruce's Jerry was an Old Family Red, not a B&T.

14. Eagle

Eagle Big Dog

Btw, Corvino's Gimp was not same dog as Cunninghams Boxer.
    "Gimp" had same name as his grandsire, Williams' Gimp.

15. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Go read chapter 5, Fighting for life. Go read page 99, than 91. The Author indicates otherwise.

16. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

I see a lot of gimps.Hubbards.
    Never came across Williams Gimp, just Williams Grip.

This topic started just while I was reading the book, and I was just throwing that out there.
    Was not there, dont know,and was just going by what I read. Does anyone else have the book, or the gazette that just came out?

its probably against rules to scan them in for you to see.

17. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

*pages 88, than 91, sorry.

This would be a great question to ask the Author if I get a chance to.

18. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

And so what did Frank know about it? I introduced him to the Corvino family.
    I never knew Frank to have any knowledge of Corvino dogs.
    BTW I have read it. So? If it is written, it is true?

19. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

Well I have news for you, all this came out on a pedigree forum awhile back.
    Zoi did claim the dog quit.
    Broke down the time and all.
    Many others also made the claim.
    Now I think about it Zoran had Auclair's Tom.
    Didn't care how he bred the dog, but as-I-said-before- I'm not feeding any of it, so I don't care but if I was, I talk to men in Canada.
    Not overseas.

Now if you like Candian-Corvino dogs, Ti-Moose, Ch. Milou, Exit, Pinky, etc. are the dogs which showed to be the best.
    I could tell you some things about Ch. Milou stock but I can't on this forum.
    Ask Zoi what I told him.

20. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

Interesting to hear!
    As Mladen Krkeljic bought Auclair´s Tom and imported him to former YU.

As far as I know he was sold after his career ended to Iron Captain (Zoran) from Czech Republic.
    He also tried some combinations with your bloodline.

The reported matches of Tom have been

Tom vs Bosse´s Piston where he lost in 1 hrs 15 min at 57 lbs Ref. Toupti

Tom vs Laportier´s J. R. when he won in 42 min at 57 lbs Ref. Auclair

Tom vs Laberge´s Thunder he won in 28 min at catchweight Ref. Boboun

Tom vs Gille & Peters Buckshot he won in 1 hrs 2 min at catchweight Ref. Ti Poil

Tom vs Dragan´s (Heffners) Red Ringo Fox he won in 38 min at catchweight Ref. Goscak

Tom vs Scepovic´s (Krkeljic´s) Ch. Tom he won in 1 hrs 53 min at catchweight Ref. ?

I´m just curious why a dog that should have quit was matched that much and didn´t lose after he lost his first.

Frank was the one who labeled him as Gr. Ch. Tom R. O. M. in his book because of false info.