1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

so?

Discussion in 'Photography, Artwork & Videos' started by JoeyNzoey, Dec 4, 2009.

1. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

this is my apbt is she one to you? she is a year and four months she weights 55 pounds and stands about 22 inches tall up to date and I am going to become serious with working her on a keep, I do walk her for at least an hour a day but it has not been everyday recently and she also jogs on the treadmill for about half an hour. Some days she plays fetch for 15-20 minutes straight and I also have her run up and down a set of stairs she seems to enjoy it. I just used a flirt pole today and that is definitely remaining for us haha so I just wanted to see opinions because to me she is an apbt the unfortunate part is I do not have a pedigree for her but as far as researching the breed she proves herself very worthy and her appearance doesn't seem to lie as well but I would appreciate your opinions thanks! the first two pictures are somewhat recent but I do need some closer updates.

P.S. any conditioning tips would be highly appreciated!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. You can exercise your dog which is nice looking by the way but not to seem like a funny question but why would you put that dog in a keep and what keep would you use?

3. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

do you have an actual reason for putting the dog through a keep?? theres a big difference in having a dog in shape and having it conditioned and unless theres a real reason to put it through a keep i wouldnt put all that extra stress on her

we hunt hogs mostly in the summer and around April we put our catch dogs through a keep to get them in shape for hunting season but if its just a pet i wouldnt worry about it

she looks great i wouldnt do a whole lot more then what you are doing

4. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

well yes I already do exercise her not only to my benefit but I wouldn't stress her out just to become in shape she enjoys what I offer her and to me I have looked at numerous people who just enjoy the transformation of what their dog has to offer from what their breed has to offer without resulting in major health crisis, nothing forced but just by working them out for what they are capable to handle. In choosing this breed hard work and time is a must so since I have all the time in the world why not try out a keep? I was recommended the power road house keep also building a bond with her in any activity will always give me a reason. Opinions and recommendations I do always consider myself however.

5. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

nice pootch you should take a pic of her looking at a record player...looks like the RKO dog.