1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Smartest

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by JanneM, Oct 2, 2010.

1. JanneM

JanneM Big Dog

Hi guys and girls of gd.com. I't been some time since I've visited here and more since I posted. :D

I started to wonder what line produces most spart dogs?
    In what line the dogs are willing to work most and learn fast?

Thanks all in advance. :D

2. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Are we talkin Historically? as in box smarts? or just intelligents in general? and do you mean tight lines or crosses?

3. JanneM

JanneM Big Dog

Well lets talk all those aspects if people have oppinions. :D

Hisotrically.
    Intelligens in general.
    Bolth in tight lines and in crosses. Why pure bred or why cross?

Should willingness to work (in generall) and learning abilities be part of the thread also?

4. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Sure its your thread make it about whatever you want...lol

as far as historically I think its pretty widely accepted that Bolio blood brings alot of box smarts...

Intelligents in general varys greatly from dog to dog in my opinion and im not sure what line would be considered the smartest in that aspect..Tight lines are over rated in my opinion ...looks good on paper but usually lacks something..

5. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

for smarts Bolio is the way to go

6. rbj lines are smart dogs, with lots of game

7. JanneM

JanneM Big Dog

Okey so here anre mentioned Bolio dogs and Redboy/Jocko dogs.
    Any other bloods or crosses that people value as really smart ones?

I'm quessing willingness to work is part of every pitbull our there and lines lacking that ability should not be excist today... (Yep. I don't know that much about the breed yet)

8. JanneM

JanneM Big Dog

One question that came to my mind last night.

In historyracly speaking. Did the box smart follow in general smartness? As in was the dogs that where box smart also smart in everyday tasks?

9. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

No not all the time...Some dogs that are crazy chain chewing maniacs are also box smart.
    Pit intelligents is just that. same dogs could be dumb as hell as far as obedience

10. JanneM

JanneM Big Dog

Is there a line that throws constantly smart dogs in obedience and so on these days and was there a line in history that produced lots of dogs that where generally smart as in box and out of it?

BTW. Sorry if my questions seem odd or my writing is off. English is not my native language. :D

11. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

colby dogs.

12. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

Adam's Kingfish > Gr.Ch.Stubblefield's Buddy > Reid's Skipper > Ch.Scotsman's Max > Ch.Scotsman's Hagar > Ch.YK's Curstopper... Smarter than a tree full of monkeys! ;)

13. DeepWoodz

DeepWoodz Banned

Eli/Bolio crosses, for the obvious reasons.

14. killadev300

killadev300 Big Dog

i heard somewhere that pure redboy dogs are dumb but will scratch into a freight train...not sure if it is true.... can anyone confirm?

15. n2bulldogs

n2bulldogs Banned

I have never seen a dog that was a maniac on the chain be anything but a maniac while working. i.e. barnstormer

16. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Thats Considered Dumb game AKA. Game plug..no box smarts but game as hell..

Then you just havent seen enough buddy;)

17. kane85

kane85 Top Dog

yup this very true and gameness some will even nip so you can let them go crazy fucking dogs also pure redboy not so much mouth herd the term used that they cant bait there way out of a potato sack lol and they are loud as hell also

18. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Yeah but Redboy blood is my passion...I love the gameness they bring to the table

19. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

That's a myth that redboy dogs don't have mouth!!...seen a few with some crunch!!!

20. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Its about % though Crush..I think it mostly is saying compared to lines known to throw mouth I.E Eli,Alligator,Chinaman,Zebo etc...