1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Smaller dogs more game?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by ducho13, Dec 29, 2004.

1. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

No smaller dogs are not. When the word small is mentioned around dogs I think that 40lbs and lower is small. Most say they would perfer a small dog and if you who say this don't understand what it is your doing when you get and breed this small dog to another small dog and i know your stock is not looked at, you are only starting a trend just like say a bully breeder. I love 40lbs and lower dogs, but I would perfer a dog 50+ conditioned dog.

2. JohnBo

JohnBo Pup

I wouldn't make a choice on a dog based on size, but I tend to prefer dogs 50-70 lb range. I'm new to this forum, but I don't think size has any impact on the gameness of a dog. If it's in it, then it's in it. Although I just said that, has anyone ever notice how small house dogs act. They act like they are the king of the block, won't back down from a dog 50lbs bigger. Kind of makes you wonder.

3. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

ha ha!

hell yeah my wife dog named BABYDOG!
    that lil mofo is game

his breed is mutt-1xmutt-2

but hes up for it

at a whopping 5 1/4 pounds

4. JohnBo

JohnBo Pup

Yea I know. It's crazy how those little dogs are. Won't back down from nothing.

5. 805tony

805tony Big Dog

Here's a game bred animal that trips me out everytime I see his pic...Harris Iron Son..this is the only way I can post the ped..

<table style="margin: auto auto auto -2.95pt; background: black none repeat scroll 0% 0%; width: 101.26%; -moz-background-clip: border; -moz-background-origin: padding; -moz-background-inline-policy: continuous;" class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" width="101%"><tbody><tr style=""><td style="border: medium none rgb(240, 240, 240); padding: 2.25pt; background: rgb(241, 241, 241) none repeat scroll 0% 0%; -moz-background-clip: border; -moz-background-origin: padding; -moz-background-inline-policy: continuous;">HARRIS' IRON SON <o></o>
    </td><td style="border: medium none rgb(240, 240, 240); padding: 2.25pt; background: rgb(241, 241, 241) none repeat scroll 0% 0%; -moz-background-clip: border; -moz-background-origin: padding; -moz-background-inline-policy: continuous;">HARRIS' IRONMAN <o></o>
    </td><td style="border: medium none rgb(240, 240, 240); padding: 2.25pt; background: rgb(241, 241, 241) none repeat scroll 0% 0%; -moz-background-clip: border; -moz-background-origin: padding; -moz-background-inline-policy: continuous;">ARIES KENNELS SONIC <o></o>
    </td></tr></tbody></table>​

6. 805tony

805tony Big Dog

I cut and paste that ignore that face on it I dont no how that got there. Sorry

7. bkwil

bkwil Pup

I thought gameness was the drive in a dog to keep going no matter what even death (dead game) which has nothing to do with size...Now the thing is what the dog men of old like they like the smaller dogs which like the smaller boxer's happen to be more fancier so the smaller one's got bred more often...But they weren't bred for size but like 1 of the greatest dogmen i've met ron marshall told me they were bred for an over productive adrenaline gland....Now study the adrenaline gland