1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

smaller bloodlines

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by badnews_VA, Feb 1, 2005.

1. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

I agree 100%.. usually the purer dog is the produce but the cross is where you get your better working dog, most of the time..IMO...

2. badnews_VA

badnews_VA Big Dog

i've looked at alot of websites (outside of gamd-dog) and most people are breeding for the big head and wide wide chest and the weight. and from what i've read and heard there is no such thing as a 95lb purebred pitbull. if i'm wrong please correct me. and maybe you can help with this as well, I still can't figure out how to read a ped. i'm not an expert with these things but i'm looking forward to that day i become one. until then i have alot of questions.

3. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

I do believe you are in the right place then..lol Ask those questions and learn all you can before getting your first APBT.

This board has tons of information. Check under the bloodlines area and read some of the past posts which have alot of pedigree links..

4. badnews_VA

badnews_VA Big Dog

I agree but if i can find a line that tends to throw laid back dogs then I have a better chance in picking a pup that will be laid back as well as have the other qualities. you know what I mean?

5. badnews_VA

badnews_VA Big Dog

Well this isn't my first APBT, i have two right now. I was just never into the bloodline and ped thing it just didn't matter to me and kinda still doesn't. But for the next one I get I would like to know it's background and what I can kinda expect from him. Not saying because he has CH in his ped that he will become a CH but I will be able to see what his parents and grandparents and so on became.

6. hawk

hawk Big Dog

I understand what you mean. My suggestion to you is to find a breeder that can help you pic the pup you want. If you talk to someone like a M. Norrod or B. Sorrells who have been breeding their own line of dogs for over 30 years they can help you find the dog you want because they know their dogs inside and out.

I think what you are looking for in a dog it I would concentrate more on finding a good breeder than to try to find a line that is just known for a certain trait.

7. badnews_VA

badnews_VA Big Dog

ok i'll do that, thanks