1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Slipping collars

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by MISSAPBT, Aug 2, 2010.

1. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

Do you guys have any tips on a dog that constantly silp there collars, got home a few times now and my boy is roaming the yard.
    I do his collar up so tight the next holes would choke him but still slips it.
    Hes like a fuckin hodini.

I want to sort it out before something goes wrong.

Livy

2. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

Ive got one thats like that which is why shes kept on a chain in a kennel.

3. DEATH-GRIP

DEATH-GRIP Banned

a stillwater collar ? they never slip outa them on me . with the 2 prong velcro 2inch

4. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

Yeah stillwater 2" 4ply

5. bjh

bjh Pup

two collars on at the same time...might slip one but doubt he'll slip two at once...

6. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

Do a search for "double collar" ...its been suggested for escape artists on here before.

How do you have the chain attached? Hardware on the d ring or is the collar through an o ring?

7. GI Joe

GI Joe Big Dog

i thought someone asked this a while ago.maybe on another board.sure fire way that worked for me when i got a fighting crop on a bat eared dog i had.hopefuly your chain has some weight to it put a choke chain on him in back of his collar and clip it on the same clip as the collar.when he slips the collar again the choker will pull tight if he trys to slip the choker he will stop once he gets short of breath.odgs that do that once on the yard have a collar and a choker.good luck

8. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

Thanks i have 4 more stillwater ones on the way to me atm. so ill chuck another one on the bugger.

The set up chain and is the collar through the O-ring.

9. scooter

scooter Big Dog

I seriously recommend 2 collars!

10. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

2 collars is the way to go...

11. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

So just put the Oring through the back collar?

ok i just read my post, what an idiot corse you put it on the back one thats the POINT!, dont reply to me hahahaha

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2010
  12. velli2008

velli2008 Big Dog

It's one of 2 things....either you're not using a "bulldog proof" collar, or the proper collar you do have is way too loose.

13. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

Its a stillwater, and i can hardley fit my fingers inbetween the collar and his neck, he still slips out, i dont want do it up another lap as id come home with a suffocated dog.

14. B

B CH Dog

Never seen a dog slip a properly tightened 2" collar. If they are then you aren't sizing your collars properly or tightening them properly. Leash training is necessary before you just stick a dog on a run.

B

15. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

See my last post B

16. NOSEGUARD

NOSEGUARD Pup

still water 1 1/2 inch 4 ply works the best out here

17. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

Put a 1 inch collar in front of the 2 inch collar.I don't think it would make much difference if you connected the 1 inch collar to the chain or not.

18. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

Ill give it a go tomorrow, and see what happens.