1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Slatmills?

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by TopBox, Jun 14, 2011.

1. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

id like to see a pic of that old frame you have. Do you know who the maker was? This one is going to be a mix of the old school with alittle new school in it.

2. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Yea my dad made it when he was a teenager. He always been a craftsman as well as a damn good mechanic. its definately going to be a project. A lot of sanding,welding and all around restoring. The frames tweeked because a fella was renting our property out in the late 80's when he got popped, so the mill was 95 percent destroyed but the frame stiill remains. It may be easier to just completely rebuild one from the ground up, but I'm pretty hell bent on using this one just for the sentimental aspect. Ill def post pics if not make a thread.

3. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Good luck on the rebuild LWG. Looking forward to seeing pics.

4. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

do you got the url to the threads where you bought the rails and wheels and what not?

5. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

[​IMG]

Wheel Rails should be here Monday and belt on Tuesday. I cant attach the axles to the frame until i have the wheel rails so i used the magnets to hold them in place for measuring the spacers.The axles and split rims are going to appear to be floating from the frame when finished yet ajustable.

6. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

7. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Front and Rear axle

8. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

thx bg.

TB, it seems to be comming along quite fast. i take it this isnt your first build?

9. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

My first build for sure. I have been thinking of how to build it since my first post about one in June. Ive always worked with my hands so i thought this couldnt be too big of a problem. I worked for a turf grass company for awhile and fixed there harvesters which run kinda like a slatmill.

10. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

I hope no one is taking this thread the wrong was....im not trying to show off just hopeing it could help someone learn.

11. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

I'm stickin around this threat, especially since the forums been dead lately. This is good shit....

12. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Thread......

13. lbmkdaley

lbmkdaley Pup

anyone with a carpet mill for sale around NYC AREA

14. Mextra

Mextra Big Dog

Nice Work Topbox your getting it built up pretty quick , What did you decide on for the Belt ?

15. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

Im going to use a pvc belt that supposed to be strong enough to keep from stretching. Now only time will if thats true or not. So far i have about 5 hours in this thing. I think ill have about 10 when done.

16. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

[​IMG]

Well its getting there....I hope the belt is in by tomorrow...Any one else in here from Texas?

17. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

[​IMG]

LMAO...see this is much needed!! Shes about 4 lbs over...Goes by Mrs. George Jones....Hall dog

18. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

i wasn't thinkin about silver, but i have to admit ... you pulled it off.

19. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

seems like 13.5 inches wide might be a little narrow though?

20. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

It might not stay that color....just what i had laying around the house...but i thank you