1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Slat mills???

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by Big Papa, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

are there 4 different mills like e-treadmill, carpet mill, slat mill, and cat mill which is best?????and anyways are there any stores or websties that sell theses mostly a slat is what i want

2. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Guest

They all are good in there own right depends on what you are working your dogs for?
    E-mill is good for regular excercise for normal maintanance.
    The carpet mill is good for strength and power for muscles.
    The slat is good for high intensity cardio wind sprints.
    The cat mill or Jenny is good for all around conditioning but its not practical unless you have the space for such a large piece of equipment.
    As for me I love the slat mill the only problem is that it is kinda noisey.

3. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

well since i want strength and muscualr looks on him then carpet would be the choice then right????but what if i want both stregthn and cardio to make him have stamina and wind sprint then what but i think for now the carpet is the best choice.

4. BlackSeal

BlackSeal Pup

you could work on the slat mill, then get a harness and sled for pulling to substitute the carpet mill

5. mike333

mike333 Big Dog

I would suggest doing some drag weighting & slat milling.Or use the carpet mill & do alot of handwalking.

6. mike333

mike333 Big Dog

Sorry to double post-Also for cardio bike riding is good{just make sure your dog wont jet off in the middle of a ride that can be pretty painfull sometimes}

7. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

yeah i take him biking and walking and yeah the biking thing whew it does hurt ehe........i think i'm gonnna go with the slat mill then because i alreayd have the weight pulling stuff so i might as well get the slat now.

8. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Yes...weights on the dog used with a weighted harness or dragging some sort of weight can do wonders in your dogs power, strength and muscular endurance!

9. whiteyransom

whiteyransom Top Dog

saw this somewhere;

10. PADogman

PADogman Top Dog

Are those mills from Lemm or someone else.Cause I thought Lemm wasnt building them anymore.

11. whiteyransom

whiteyransom Top Dog

not sure, just caught it on another site. i'll try and check up on it.

12. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

now those are tight mills...........i was wondeirng will this work if i buy a slat mill and when i dont want to use it i can put carpet on top of it and use it like a carpet mill????

13. B

B CH Dog

No, the mills do not work like that. Your best bet is to use two mills. Slat for endurance and aerobic conditioning with a carpet mill for strength and anaerobic exercise. Hand walking or riding a bike is just as beneficial but helps form a better bond with your dog. You can use weighted collars or harnesses to switch the exercise to more anaerobic.

Regards,

B

14. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

for now im gonna stick with weight pulling stuff and bike,running,jogging,walking,swimming, and playing

15. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

i beleve this is cheaper and i can also socialize my dog

16. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

does any one know any cheap slat mills and cheap carpet mills around $100-$200 used i dont really care

17. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

so does any one knoe???

18. I know this guy that was selling them on e-bay...they were no where as nice as the ones that were posted but hey they were there but that was a while back.....might want to check now....

19. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

ok thanks......