1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Slat mill

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by Kaney, May 5, 2013.

1. Kaney

Kaney Pup

Im just in the design stage of a state of the art slat mill for my boy Rocky I work in an engineering background so im looking at good quality affordable modular design that should be easily stripped down and re built quickly for the purpose of storage.
    I have read some really great posts on the forum and got a few great ideas.
    When i perfect the design and build the prototype i will post plans and photos so anyone can
    have a go at building one any comments are welcome.

2. JP267

JP267 Banned

That sounds great alot of great people on this forum that will make great use of such plans, keep us posted good luck with the design and project.

3. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

Kaney, the best hookup on any mill I have seen or owned has been on the dog trotter. It is adjustable on both sides and is way ahead of it's time. That should be on your modern mill design. You should check out the ghostrider mill for everything else, they are top notch. Good luck in your quest.

4. Kaney

Kaney Pup

Thanks for your comments and advise its greatly appreciated my idea is to incorporate adjustability within the design from the point of the frame and belt length and tension with regards to the pressure in turning the mill to attempt to simulate the qualities of a carpet mill as well as total free spin also i think this should be infinitely adjustable
    I have looked at the various mills on the market and the dog trotter is an excellent machine of quality i have lots of ideas on my drawing board at the moment and all comments and ideas are appreciated thanks

5. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

Check out barber's carpet/belt mill. Just like the one I make it will allow you the free spin of slat mill and the work of a carpet mill. Free spin is so over rated when grading a mill it is just plain wild. The modern day carpet/belt mills are the best thing going in the conditioning of a working dog. S

6. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

for strength maybe, but not over all cardio

7. slim12

Why not? Please explain. S

8. barber

barber Pup

slim i must agree i build slat and belt mills; free spinning is a misunderstood term, and therefore misleading. Most don't consider the weight of the dog or the dog output, there is a lot of variables tht r involved.

9. slim12

Absolutely. I like your belt mill a lot. I like the fact the dog can open up an go yet still have to drive it/carry his weight. The carpet mill I use is much the same. The rule is pretty much in 1965 carpet mills were hard to turn and hard to drive and had a a ton of resistance thus it provides only strength work. Nothing has changed. One is for strength and the other for cardio and there is a hard fast line between the two. Just the way it is. S

10. Trying to help out a friend and fellow dog man get back on his feet after job loss
    I'm looking to trade a old carver- Jackson bloodline brood bitch out of

PATSCHKE'S SHORTY BROWN
    X
    PATSCHKE'S MEAN JEAN

For a good used slat mill you must drop mill off when u pick up dog
      Located in houston tx
    She Is 1years old has had one litter verry good mother some one bought the whole litter of 6pups

11. SOULDOG

SOULDOG TEMPLE OF THE DOGS

12. ChiefPolo

ChiefPolo Pup

thanks I want to build one

13. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Anybody in the southeast got one for sale????