1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Slat Mill for sale

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by jrpitdog, Apr 20, 2010.

1. jrpitdog

jrpitdog Pup

Ok this is my "working prototype".

15 wide, about 5 1/2 foot running surface.

Fully welded 2" tubing frame, except frame for side panels those are 1 1/2.

Double row in-line skate wheels runners.

1/4 x 4" belting

Front wheels mounted on a solid 3/4 shaft spun through heavy duty greasable pillow block bearings.

Rust preventative paint.

Pine slats.

Mill with finger joint pine slats-$750=shipping
    Mill with hardwood (oak usually)-$850=shipping
    Contact for custom requests (brake, speedo, etc.)

So couple things that will differ from the picture then the ones I will build to sell. I built my own front and rear wheels. I will not do that anymore, the time it takes to fab is not worth it, I will use 8" split rims if I can find them 6" inch if not. But they will still be mounted on solid shaft and pillow block bearings. Obviously I will put the harness chain on, I dont have it in the pictures because I had to borrow a camera and I hadnt got around to it yet. There always is much debate about the slats, I used finger joint pine, 2 1/2 x 9/16. It is plenty strong and I will cover in linseed oil. I know some guys have to have the hardwood, thats fine I can do that as well, but the price will reflect that. I try to find deals on material, but keep the quality of construction very high. I am a working man myself so I am trying really hard to offer these mills at a working mans price. I dont have a problem with extra's like a brake or speedo, or wheels on the bottom of the legs, once again the price will reflect that. Personally it would be cheaper for you to buy the brake or speedo and install it your self, but if your not mechanically inclined I will. Last thing I will also have small placard on the side panels with a big decal or maybe a wood burning of an image like the one I posted. I said before I will do extras and custom, but to an extent, my basic design will not change. PM me with orders or questions.

Pardon the mess in the shop, I was in a hurry to take pics.

Attached Files:

2. ausapbt

ausapbt Big Dog

looks good, bump...

all the best with them....

3. Corley

Corley Big Dog

How free does it turn?
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

4. malakimax

malakimax Big Dog

looks great!

5. dsi23soc

dsi23soc Pup

looks amazing!

6. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

good looking mill

7. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

looking good but how much extra for the brake????

8. jrpitdog

jrpitdog Pup

Fairly well, the next ones I build will run even better, because of the front wheels Im gonna use. Its also a little hard to determine because the pillow block bearing take a little bit to break in.

9. jrpitdog

jrpitdog Pup

+100 dollars

10. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

I thought the slatsa were always made from balsa wood because of the weight and to make them spin faster. How many spins to you get off of a good push?

11. Corley

Corley Big Dog

Send me your # or email so we can discuss the mill.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

12. dsi23soc

dsi23soc Pup

email me too when you get a chance. I want to hear more about it but so far it looks exactly like what im looking for.

13. Mextra

Mextra Big Dog

Balsa wood is pretty expensive and not widely available . White or Red oak or High Grade Pine do a great job and are very durable .

Jrpitdog ... If possible can you put up a video of the mill in action ?

14. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

lets see a dog work that sucker..looks good, how bout a speedometer?

15. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

I would still be interested in knowing how many turns you get with a good push?

16. jrpitdog

jrpitdog Pup

Ya never heard of the balsa wood, seems like it would be too light. I'll def try get a vid up and running. None of the dogs I got right now have worked a mill so we'll see how it goes. And ya I can put a speedo it just equals more $$.

17. jrpitdog

jrpitdog Pup

Havent really "counted" how many times it goes around, Ill work on that tomorrow.

18. Caine25

Caine25 Pup

Looks good and definitely a reasonable price. One question though, what kind of belting did you use? If it's the same flexco rubber stuff I used on my mill, I would definitely have a young dog run full out on it for a week or two to see how it holds. I have some hard pulling dogs and the single-ply rubber just couldn't hold up week in and week out. I built a new belt after my first one snapped, but it shows obvious signs of wear after only two weeks. I do like how you connected the belt. Good luck with everything.

19. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

bump, any updates?

20. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

does it work?