1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

VA: Six Pitbull Puppies Stolen at Gunpoint in Sour Craigslist Deal

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Vicki, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

Six Pitbull Puppies Stolen at Gunpoint in Sour Craigslist Deal
    Posted: Dec 11, 2014 7:01 PM EST Updated: Dec 11, 2014 7:22 PM EST
    By WRIC Newsroom

RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) -Six pitbull puppies are stolen at gunpoint after a Craigslist sale goes wrong in Richmond.

The victim tells 8News that it seemed like a normal call for her ad. A buyer called and said he wanted to look at the puppies and pick three for Christmas gifts for his kids. They agreed to meet on Chelsea Street in Richmond, when the buyer and a second man pulled a gun.

"He then proceeded to turn it on my boyfriend and said he was taking the puppies. We had them in a white laundry basket, so I grabbed the basket but he reached in and tried to pull it back," said the victim, who wishes to remain unidentified.

The two suspects took the basket and ran but the owners tried to get the puppies back by following. Richmond Police say the suspects fired several gun shots back, but thankfully no one was hit.

As police hunt for the suspects, Robin Starr, the CEO of Richmond SPCA says she worries what the future holds for the stolen puppies.

"It goes without saying that the actions of the thieves are dreadful. And even more dreadful is the future these dogs probably face going home with these people," Starr said.

Thankfully police recovered one of the puppies and he is now home. In fact, he also has a new name.

"I named him Lucky because I'm lucky to have him back. I just really hope we can get the others back," the victim said.

[​IMG]

Police continue to investigate.

2. I'm glad you got him back. Hopefully you'll get the others also. P.s. I heard about GPS microchips in europe. Just a matter of time before they make it to the US.

3. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Just like I said in my Bait dogs thread.