1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Sit Means Sit dog training

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by nerotxc, Jul 14, 2011.

1. nerotxc

nerotxc Pup

Does anyone have any experience with this training? if so id love to hear it. We are about to start...

www.sitmeanssit.com

2. fonzie

fonzie Top Dog

heard of it but by some bully breeders

3. ultimatek9

ultimatek9 Top Dog

I personally don't believe in shocking my dog to get them to listen. If a dog respects you they will listen. If your training method is based around fear, the dog will never respect you.
    I know some Schutzhund people that trained their dogs using e-collars. The dogs are incredible to watch work, but once the e-collar comes off, the dogs act like they have never had any training.
    Good luck!

4. nerotxc

nerotxc Pup

Well.. to follow up.. i did this training with my boy Tezzen.

some key points..
    The.remote is adjustable. i can hold it fine.to level 4 of 8. level 2 is where me an tezzen worked most bc its merely a tingling effect.

he did well. unfortunately my dog was hit by a car last week. his picture is in the rip section. anyways i would recommend it only when used.properly. my dog was my best friend. he had half my king size bed lol.. i spoiled him very much but he worked his ass off for me. i own a bar and he was vey much a positive image for our breed! i never knew how many people were so scared of pitbulls.. anyways..

i would recommend this training given your not the type of person who would use this as punisment. my dog used to play in a big field by our house with the neighbor dogs and chuckits.. it was awesome to get his attention farther then my voice would go.

5. Then people wonder why their dogs get hit by cars. Sorry no sympathy here.

6. nerotxc

nerotxc Pup

Thats neither here nor there. you dont know anything about my situation or what happened.. i didnt ask for sympathy at all.. The training did not lead to my dog passing. this thread was about the training and in my opinion it worked. Tezzen was very happy thru it all.. and he liked the collar very much. i never abused it. in the wrong hands this training could be nasty and very inhumane.

thats the point i wanted to make. I believe this is very effective training. esp if your in an environment where you would like long range control of your dog. my dog went out with the.labs on hunting trips. it was very effective.

7. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Yeah its bad when a dog commits suicide because of shock treatment.

8. Jdll13

Jdll13 Big Dog

This is just to funny. LMFAO!!