1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Showing some pictures from around my stompin ground

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bamaman, Jun 12, 2016.

1. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Some very nice runs here , Centipede grass.Centipede is a very aggressive growing grass and will take over your yard which is what you want it to do.Very nice grass.You can see in the pic its actually trying to take over the woods , that's right on the edge of my yard .It won't survive in the woods because Centipede needs lots of sun.That's what we call runs in the picture , that's how it spreads.

Attached Files:

reddirt redneck likes this.
  2. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Realizing when you have some older dogs that are slowing down in this hot weather.I made a change in thier diet and they acting like young dogs again lol.I had them on chicken and rice , diamond naturals and I switched the to Diamond Sr.which cost a little more but man they perked right up after about a week.

3. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

How we beat the heat , oasis in BFE ..Feels good...kids and family.

Attached Files:

bks and reddirt redneck like this.
  4. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

We even got a big ass light in the pool lol...black dark here.

Attached Files:

5. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Dude there had a fast ball clocked at 95 mph.

6. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

You got to have a chainsaw to fish from the bank here unless we go a little further south ! Beach don't need one.

7. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Good mid range saw, it will fell some nice Trees and can cut firewood for split....I don't have to make shit look obvious.

Attached Files:

8. reddirt redneck

reddirt redneck Big Dog

I very seldom bank fish anymore, Ive got a jon boat & a deep v so I can run up shallow creek or on into lake. Every now & then I dock fish

bamaman likes this.
  9. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Here where I live you need a boat,no choice really if you want to get to the fish.I see people here try to bank fish ,usually poor folks that can't afford boats and we always give those folks some fish before we pull out.You can do pretty good on the ocean but you have to wade out about chest deep and you have cut bait on you with bull sharks around lol.I have done it before and it will keep u on your toes.its funny because when I lived in the U.P. In Michigan it was the same dam way ,you had to have a boat! 1200 miles between here and there and it was the same way for both places.

10. reddirt redneck

reddirt redneck Big Dog

You ever do any noodling, before my hands went bad I sued to live for the flatty bite.

11. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

TE="reddirt redneck, post: 748874, member: 17937"]You ever do any noodling, before my hands went bad I sued to live for the flatty bite.[/QUOTE]
    Thats a sport I have never tried.Interesting though, I have never saw it done around here.Perhaps because of the environment here.

12. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

http://www.magnoliabranch.com/. Here you go Red,,,we bought this place a few years ago and it's really coming on..Totally family atmosphere and very remote..Fishing is good to.

13. reddirt redneck

reddirt redneck Big Dog

Looks to be a really nice place, man, congrats on that. Lots going on, fella cant get in trouble with that much happening

14. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Well it's the Tribe that bought it,but yea I have spent my share of time helping out down there.

15. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Red Eagle and his mothers grave.Andrew Jackson said Red Eagle was the only man he ever feared When Red Eagle surrendered to Jackson he wound up taking Red Eagle home with him and he lived with Jackson for 2 yrs.I am distant kin to Red Eagle.His father was actually scottish/irish and mom was indian.Said he was much of a man 6ft4 , and built like a montain.The ladies loved him to .lol

Attached Files:

RobR73, niko and reddirt redneck like this.
  16. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I don't know if ywll can see the writing on this but I tried lol

Attached Files:

niko and reddirt redneck like this.
  17. RobR73

RobR73 Big Dog

On my way too my favorite fishing lake I pass through four distinct tribal pueblos. Sandia, Santa Ana, San Ysidro, and Jemez. The trip through the Jemez is incredible because many of the ruins still stand and the scenery is the best I've ever witnessed in my life. It's a spiritual place with a long history and not so short history if that makes sense.

reddirt redneck, bamaman and bks like this.