1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

show pics of pulling

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by Esse818, May 11, 2007.

1. Esse818

Esse818 Big Dog

i'm looking for pics of things ppl use 4 weight pull 4 the bull dogs.

2. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Are you talking about actual competiton pics, or practice?

These guys are using railroad rails, or whatever you call them. (I'd say railroad ties, but that's what we always called those long round pieces of wood used for retaining walls and stuff. These things are iron, I think.)

[​IMG]

For practice, I use the round weights on a drag sled.

[​IMG]

Or cinder blocks for the cart.

[​IMG]

I can't quite tell what's going on in this next pic. Cinder blocks maybe? I do remember that that cart had two parts. The table-looking part on top weighed quite a bit, and it detatched from the bottom part.

[​IMG]

Its kinda hard to tell, but these folks were using car parts. I think they were disk brakes or something. My old man would know, but he's asleep.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Esse818

Esse818 Big Dog

thx, i was thinking more of the line of training. i think a cart would tip over if she saw a prey and get distracted(she would pull the other way). where did you get your sled?

by the way that is one beauty of a dog u have there.

4. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Thanks! Actually, my husband made that sled when he worked at an iron shop. I know there's some folks on here that sell them. Check out this thread for starters. I know Ro-Ki Reds sells them, too.

BTW, with those garden carts, you can lock the wheels if you need to. (To keep the front from turning side-to-side.) I've never had one tip on me, but I'm not saying it couldn't happen. Then again, carts aren't practical unless you have someone to walk behind and act as the cart's brake. (In the one pic of my dog pulling the cart with the two cinder blocks, the only reason I didn't have a cart handler is because the grade was steep enough that the cart wouldn't roll forward on her.)

5. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

Dang, your dog is beautiful! Thanks for the great pictures.

6. LilRedNV

LilRedNV Pup

I didnt want to upload all of these pics....but here is the link to my boy Danny, he is my pulling machine. He broke an ADBA record for Pound for Pound a few years ago, when he had only been pulling a few months, 5621 lbs for 156.21%. He has taken many pound for pound awards in ADBA and UKC. He finished top 25 for UKC in 2006 with limited pulling. To say the least, I am VERY proud of him. Anyway, I train mostly on a sled that I got from Roki Kennels. Once the dog is trained I move up to a harder pulling sled for a little more drag and less having to pack weight.
    http://www.itsmysite.com/cgi-bin/itsmy/go.exe?page=7&domain=1&webdir=hansenkennels

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Esse818

Esse818 Big Dog

lol that thread was left un answered i need some one local or who will mail. thanks 4 the info on ro ki