1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Show collars....

Discussion in 'Dog Shows & Events' started by nc_pitbullmommy, Nov 9, 2008.

1. nc_pitbullmommy

nc_pitbullmommy Big Dog

Which do you prefer and why? Leather? Nylon? What colors do you like? One that blends with your dogs coat color or one that pops and stands out?

2. Crystal621

Crystal621 Big Dog

I got a 1 in leather for my buckskin dog, and a 1 in blue nylon, with black on the edges for my black dog. The colors seem to work well with them :)

3. nc_pitbullmommy

nc_pitbullmommy Big Dog

I am just wanting a color and collar that will enhance the dog not distract from him.
    It's going to be for the dog pictured in my signature.
    I was thinking a nice rich auburn or mahogany leather collar and leash set just for shows LOL
    For every day wear I have him several collars already. I love collars...they are like shoes.
    A uber collar place to find custom collars is Collar Mania. They have some very nice designs.

4. Crystal621

Crystal621 Big Dog

My dog is a similar color to yours, here he is in his leather color. He also looks good in the orange collar from Stillwater.

[​IMG]

I like it because it doesn't distract from him, but it still looks nice.
    [​IMG]

5. Crystal621

Crystal621 Big Dog

I love that collar, I'm saving to get one for all the dogs!

6. nc_pitbullmommy

nc_pitbullmommy Big Dog

Okay that's cool...
    I was just looking at him and I don't want to distract from his neck. The collar I got on him now is like 1 1/2 inches ad its just to big.
    I have one with his tags on it but it is one of the adjustable quick clip kind and I HATE those kind. I've had more then one break on me. I just leave it on him when he is outside int he backyard...I don't attach a leash to it though.

7. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

[​IMG]

x2 on the Stillwater leather show collar! Worth way more than it costs.

8. Most any dog show won't allow the plastic snap or quick click collars anyhow. A buckle collar is required. Go with the Stillwater collar. You won't regret it for one second and for $16 shipped to your door it will give you a long time of service and you will be amazed at the quality for the price!

http://www.stillwaterkennelsupply.com/dogcollars.htm toward the bottom of the page with the leather collars. ;)