1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Should rescue dogs already be spayed?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Nitrous, Jul 29, 2004.

?

Should rescue dogs be spayed/neutured before being adopted?

Poll closed Aug 8, 2004.
  1. Yes, I think they should

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. No, I think that they shouldn't

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Have not decided yet on this one

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nitrous

Nitrous Guest

My answer was Yes, i think they should because the dogs are already over-populating the shelters and streets, so they should be spayed/neutured before up for adoption.

2. AC

AC Big Dog

We do not alter pets in our local shelters until after they are adopted. I'm the only one that voted no because we do have kill shelters down here and why waste money on pets being spayed if they are going to be put down? It's much better to have them sign a contract of altering as soon as they are placed. It works much better that way.

3. I voted yes too. Many owners do not follow up on the contract that they sign when they adopt. But, now the shelters around here are including the cost of the neuter when they adopt the dog. Which I think is an excellent idea too. Every bit counts. I guess the utopian way would be to neuter before the dogs are adopted.

4. AC

AC Big Dog

Our shelters give the new owner a 14 day period in which to alter the animal. they must show proof of the alteration or the contract is void and the animal is to be returned to the shelter. It's been working so far.

5. Hey that is good too. I do not see that around here but that is something that will help too. I like that