1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

should cannabis be legal?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gog123, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old goat

old goat CH Dog

well if cannabis was legal they could'nt make all that money could they . they would keep it clean .

2. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Just my 2 cents....

Marijuana may bring out symptoms in those predisposed to mental health issues earlier than non smokers. Unfortunately, you cannot go back and find out if that same individual would have developed the same issue if they hadn't partaken. It is not possible to blame weed for something that happens to others who do not smoke it.

I don't think it should be "legalized". I think it should be removed from the law books altogether. It's a natural product, it can't be synthesized and retain the same effectiveness, it's a medicine that has few side effects which is a positive for those undergoing chemo or suffering from cerebral palsy or epilepsy or whatever...

Some people who use it go on to stronger drugs, others don't. Addictive personalities will addict to, alcohol, marijuana, gambling etc....Can't blame the weed because you can't go back and remove the weed from the equation.

Marijuana prohibition = to alcohol prohibition in the 20's. It didn't work then and it won't work now. All this has done is invite the criminal element to have a monopoly on an in demand product. How does that help the economy with all those minor players sitting in jail sucking up your tax dollars.

Drug dealers don't want it legalized, that, to me, is enough proof that it should be...

3. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

4. chaser71

chaser71 Banned

Drug dealers don't want it legalized, bullshit they don't!In my early years I would have loved to seen pot legalized.Then I could have payed taxes & sat on my ass all day & got high!Man that would have been the best job ever!:D:D:D

5. synno2004

synno2004 Top Dog

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m37JkkGjAY[/ame]

6. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

chaser, ever heard this line....

"Don't get high on your own supply" :D

If pot was legalized it would be sold in government controlled stores that were regulated out the ass, you would not be allowed to smoke at work, just like you are not allowed to drink at work. No smoking and driving, though some studies have shown that driving under the influence of pot makes for more cautious drivers. Street level dealers would still be breaking the law. Legalization does not mean a free for all.

I'm sure it's quite different in the USA where booze can be sold at gas stations and convenience stores as compared to the LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario) as an example. The only places in Ontario where you can buy booze is at a regulated LCBO outlet. There are some pilot projects that have allowed certain stores to get a license to sell (as an LCBO outlet ) though they are hard to get and under the same regulations as the monopoly of LCBO franchises.

Can you imagine the hoops of red tape store owners would have to jump through just to be licensed to sell MJ?

Hence my view that this therapeutic plant needs to be REMOVED from regulation and laws and erased from the drug schedules. It's a plant that does not need to be processed to be used, cannot be synthesized, and will not make any drug company any money as you can't "patent" a plant.

MJ's 2 largest enemy's are pharmaceutical company's who CAN"T make any money on weed, and the privately owned for profit jails that make mega bucks incarcerating those that smoke weed. There are also the religious groups that fight this for their own reasons but that's another discussion altogether.

Prohibition does not work as has been proven. Given enough time the prohibition against weed will go the same way as the prohibition against alcohol. Probably won't happen in my lifetime, but the upcoming generation of politicians will not have been hoodwinked by the propaganda the government used to make us believe in the evils of getting high. The Reefer madness crap has been exposed as false and the truth is out.

The Union: The Business Behind Getting High

If you have not yet watched this documentary, take the time to do so...

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-union-the-business-behind-getting-high/

7. chaser71

chaser71 Banned

Drycreek Yes I have heard it by why the fuck not ?It was my supply:D:D

8. Rebs

Rebs Banned

Fuck yeah, we are 10 yrs in to the 21'st century FFS and they are still talking about weed ffs lol. yet write out scrips for oxycontin like they are god damn lollies.

9. old goat

old goat CH Dog

THANKYOU PEOPLE OF ARIZONA FOR PASSING PROP. 203 . 15 states have medical marijuana now . feels kind of stupid that WASHINGTON DC has a medical law . why is it good for DC and not the rest of the country . ARKANSAS will be next if some other state don't beat them to it . they are focusing on the south now . 11 more states and the congress will have to do something .

10. green machine

green machine Top Dog

its really pathetic that many states in the usa are legalizing it for medical use, but here in good ol florida they are still passing laws to ban the sale of bongs!

when will it ever end.

11. The Manc

The Manc Pup

Legalize dope might aswell do the same with all drugs:D

12. green machine

green machine Top Dog

dope? LOL who calls it dope? lmao

13. old goat

old goat CH Dog

green machine , you have to stand up and vote out every butt head that's again legalization . ARIZONA yall have the best medical law that's been writen . be proud :)

14. green machine

green machine Top Dog

no kidding man, its like beating a dead horse here in florida

15. old goat

old goat CH Dog

16. Blau

Blau Big Dog

You know, I never thought of it this way, but now that you put it into words, I 100% agree. It's a plant from nature... It should not be industrialized and turned into a cash crop [I mean, it already is, but you know what I mean]. People should be free to do [or not to] with it whatever they want. As long as you're not bothering anyone around you who doesn't want to be bothered, there is no problem...

17. old goat

old goat CH Dog

18. old goat

old goat CH Dog

19. old goat

old goat CH Dog

20. old goat

old goat CH Dog

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.