1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Should blue dogs be thrown out of ADBA?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Colby Eli, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Colby Eli

Colby Eli Big Dog

not thrown out per say but should the ADBA seriously be letting them into shows and not hold the color against them? This is talking the show ring not game dogs just the show ring.

Here is from their standard

Quote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Coat

1. Skin thick and loose around neck and chest, tight fitting elsewhere, showing <leo_highlight style="border-bottom: 2px solid rgb(255, 255, 150); background: transparent none repeat scroll 0% 50%; cursor: pointer; display: inline; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" id="leoHighlights_Underline_0" onclick="leoHighlightsHandleClick('leoHighlights_Underline_0')" onmouseover="leoHighlightsHandleMouseOver('leoHighlights_Underline_0')" onmouseout="leoHighlightsHandleMouseOut('leoHighlights_Underline_0')" leohighlights_keywords="vertical" leohighlights_url_top="http%3A//shortcuts.thebrowserhighlighter.com/leonardo/plugin/highlights/3_1/tbh_highlightsTop.jsp?keywords%3Dvertical%26domain%3Dwww.gopitbull.com" leohighlights_url_bottom="http%3A//shortcuts.thebrowserhighlighter.com/leonardo/plugin/highlights/3_1/tbh_highlightsBottom.jsp?keywords%3Dvertical%26domain%3Dwww.gopitbull.com" leohighlights_underline="true">vertical</leo_highlight> folds around the neck and chest even in a well exercised animal.

2. Short and bristled, the gloss showing overall health of the animal.

3. Color or any combination of colors, except for colors or color patterns known to be genetically linked to health problems. </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    So I am taking it that since the blue color does carry a lot of genetic problems it should not be shown or bred for what is your take on it?<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

2. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

im not quite sure its just the blue color that leads to skin problems, i think it lays more with the breeder breeding SPECIFICALLY for the color, while throwing all other qualities including health out the window. hence the reason why mostly blue dogs got issues.
    im almost guessing that the oldschool watchdog stuff didnt have NEARLY the skin issues then that of the Am Bully's.

but thats just a theory of mine,i could be wrong.

3. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

I never saw anything in the color blue at shows up until about 8yrs ago, not one but thats when most the dogs at shows were bulldogs

4. Dreamer

Dreamer Big Dog

I agree with this. Blue in and of itself doesn't have issues associated with it like merle does.

Every skin issue I've seen in blues I've seen in other colors as well.

I think what we have more of in the breed are thyroid and immune system issues which lead to a lot of our skin problems.

Dreamer

5. Dreamer

Dreamer Big Dog

Many, many more Pit Bulls are being bred today than ever before, which means a recessive like dilution has more chances of being expressed. Also, there may also be a bit of a tendency, even in ADBA dogs, to breed for it AND to go ahead and show them when they might not have been shown before.

Dreamer

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2010
  6. as alot of you know there is and probally allways will be a huge controversy about blue pits..it is down right crazy what people are breeding nowadays.. there is really no question about the authenticity of these dogs..when compared to a true american pitbull terrier there is a huge difference in looks and performance..people are trying to create a 150lb dog and most have cheated in the way they have been bred instead of patience and time trying to create a xl apbt by breeding larger specimens to large specimens of pure untainted blood they mix in other large breeds to make the dogs bigger or mix in english bulldogs or pugs to get the lowriding short thick dogs..alot of these dogs cant walk to the mailbox without passing out..they say that the new dogs tempermants are better and they are dog friendly but how can you get a better tempermant than a good old game bred pit...besides dog agressiveness a game bred pit should have a rock solid tempermant towards people second to none and all gamebred pits are not dog agressive either.. but in this world to each their own and happiness is the key to life..so if thats what someone likes oh well..its just not the real mccoy..but as far as your question goes i think that they should just have a class of their own .. there are new registeries poping up all the time for these new style of dogs

7. bdub

bdub Top Dog

i think they should throw blues out,there was a reason they were culled in the first place and these ambullys need to be thrown out soon

8. Well what about the ppl that do try to make sure the conformation is right and yet the dog is blue. I for one do not like the short fat squat little dogs.

9. thats why there is a big controversy..some blue breeders have dogs that look real and most dont..some breeders that specialize in blue dogs believe they come from the same stock ..its all an opinion everyone thinks differently..

10. I appreciate a dog with the right conformation no matter what color although as far as the color coats I like blue and brindle however, I know better than to buy a dog just because of the color of it's coat now.I know I don't have years of experiance with these dogs but I have done lots of research on thier conformation. I am however experienced with conformation on all kinds of livestock so the terms are somewhat similar

11. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

it will never happen. the ADBA will register anything with 4 legs and fur as an APBT, all they really care about is the dollar$$. look what they did when they registered the Whopper dogs, the dogs were obviously crossbred but the ADBA went along with EE's false peds and registered them as "purebred" APBT.
    the ADBA has become a joke, and they haven't gotten any of my money for years. their product (pedigrees, shows, etc.) is worthless in my eyes.
    I don't need somebody in Utah to tell me how a dog is bred and I don't care to go to dogshows to see piss poor examples of the breed being shown by wannabe dogmen/women.
    I have heard the ADBA has been up for sale the last few years, for just 1 million dollars someone could step up and buy the registry and run it the way they see fit.

12. What do you mean by whoppers?

13. but see on this site its all about the performance of the dog..a true apbt is supposed to be a working dog thats what molded its great tempermant,loyalty,tremendous strenght ,loving willingness to please ..even if you just have a family pet they should have all those traits if its a true apbt..

14. whopper is a bloodline that is used for weight pulling..they say it was mixed to create huge dogs and the owner admitted to doing it and by the way that guy was beaten to death with one of his trophies..lol..no shit

15. Robber

Robber Big Dog

Dogs from Eddington's "Whopper", who is obviously a mutt.

16. Don't forget gameness

17. The short squatty ones?

18. no like the xxl ones

19. Oh me no likee that either ha

20. AGame

AGame CH Dog

for crying out loud you people automatically associate blue with bully and hell yea do away with the bullies by all means but just because a dog is a dilute black in color ban it from being registered i swear u people dont use your head sometimes now if they were like merle and it was something that passed on bad qualities go for it but its not from now on lets just not talk color lets just talk if its a bulldog or not no matter the color