1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Sho Me-State apbt club

Discussion in 'Dog Shows & Events' started by midwest_showdogs, Jan 20, 2009.

1. SHO-ME-STATE A.P.B.T. CLUB, INC.

CELEBRATES OUR SILVER ANNIVERSARY YEAR

BY HOSTING THREE CONFORMATION SHOWS & TWO WEIGHT PULLS

ADBSI SANCTIONED May 9 & 10, 2009

MISSOURI STATE FAIRGROUNDS IN SEDALIA, MISSOURI

Non-food vendors welcome!!

Camping - Available on site ($10/night, $18 for full hookups)

SATURDAY SUNDAY

Registration 8 – 10 a.m. Registration 8 - 9:30 a.m.

Weight Pull begins @ 10:00 a.m. Weight Pull begins 9:30 a.m.

No Junior Handlers/Judge’s Choice Conformation @ 10:00 a.m.

Conformation @ 10:00 a.m./2nd Conformation follows immediately

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

1. SHOW SITE is the Swine Pavilion on the West side of the Fairgrounds. For more information regarding the Fairgrounds facility and Sedalia, see the website www.mostatefair.com.

2. VENDORS – There is a $5 setup fee and if you rent 8’ banquet tables from us, it will be an additional charge of $7/table. This is what we are charged by the facility. In addition, you will be required to complete and submit a vendor’s application that includes your business’ information, as you are required to collect and individually pay state sales tax of 7.6%. (Sorry, but this was mandatory in the contract.)

3. EXHIBITORS – Please pick up after your dog! Otherwise we will be charged a cleanup fee.

4. CONTACTS – Mike/Nicole Blake (816)365-4777

5. Russ / Kim Krohn (816)228-1512 ttkck1@swbell.net

6. Danny Lagud (816)868-9619 hillsidepits@hotmail.com

7. Bill/Mickey Leamer (660)354-3190 wleamer@greenhills.net

2. Robber

Robber Big Dog

Is anyone else coming to this? I'm in the St. Louis area and thinking of making the trip.

3. It's a really great show with an excellent location. You should definitely go.

4. Robber

Robber Big Dog

OK, I was just wanting to make sure it's usually a good turn out, as there is no good way to drive there from here, miles and miles and miles of winding two lane road.

5. sipacola

sipacola Pup

Any word on judges?

6. I haven't heard yet Sipacola. I'll let you know as soon as I find out.

7. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I've never been to a show before,but if it was a little closer[hate the drive up there]I'd go.Wished they would have something closer to southern Missouri or northern Arkansas.

8. Robber

Robber Big Dog

Michele Falcon, Gary Hammonds, and Ed Hinkle

9. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Is there usually good attendance at this show,anybody from Game-Dog going?It's nearly 180 miles from me so if I decide to go I'd like it to be a good one.

10. Bigu1

Bigu1 Pup

I'm contemplating driving there from Chicago, but it would just me and my dog.

11. Robber

Robber Big Dog

I'm going to go, but still trying to decide which day.

12. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I was thinking of going but was curious.What's the admission fee?I'm not bringing a dog if I go,just would like to check it it out for now.

13. I'm gonna be there with 4 dogs. I will also be selling Stillwater gear if anybody needs anything. ;)

They are having a show in Kellyvile, OK the week before this show. Might be closer to you. Don't know exactly where you are.

There is no admission fee. Sometimes clubs collect for parking but not usually at this show.

14. TRUEPITS

TRUEPITS Big Dog

Show me state club was great for TEXANS our crew took lots of ribbons home
    First show in 6 to 9 months puppies my Moochie took 3rd place in her class
    Her brother Sam took second Tom our breeder and friend took first named Scatter got first

Jason our friend's dog Mojo went all the way getting BEST N SHOW

my other girl Kali got second place in weight pulling

Second show Scatter again got first place and Sam got third in 6-9 months puppy

Michelle got best puppy son of Mathew in the second show CONGRAT MICHELLE!!!

Jason again got Best in Show again with Mojo

Second day
    Moochie placed second
    Sam placed first again

Mathew got Champion class again congrats Michelle

and Kali my girl placed first in her class 45-55lbs

I will post photos that my husband took later on!
    YEEEEEEEEEHAAA GO TEXANS

15. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

Pit bull owners stand by their dogs
    [​IMG]

Andrea Douglas, of Oklahoma, chants, “Good girl, let's go,” as her female pit bull terrier, Douglas Ace of Ace Denali, pulls more than 1,000 pounds of weight Sunday during the Sho-Me-State American Pit Bull Terrier Club show.

May 10, 2009 - 8:58 PM

By Courtney Hudson
    Sedalia Democrat

Erica Matthews, of Independence, has a gray male dog named Smokey Joe. Her dog’s best friends are cats and he is usually quiet, for a pit bull terrier.

Matthews showed off Smokey Joe on Sunday during the Sho-Me-State American Pit Bull Terrier Club show on the Missouri State Fairgrounds.

“He’s a baby, a momma’s boy,” Matthews said.

Matthews said pit bulls have a bad reputation for being aggressive animals, but Smokey Joe is friendly.

“The cats actually beat up my dog,” Matthews said.

Independence has a ban on bringing in new pit bulls in city limits, and existing pit bulls have strict rules.

“We feel like it’s prison, a little,” Matthews said.

Bill Leamer, member of the club, said pit bulls may have a bad reputation, but it is not earned.

“These dogs were never bred to be people-aggressive,” Leamer said.

Leamer described the dogs as being very loyal to their owners and athletic.

More than 100 dogs participated in judging and a weight-pull competition over the weekend.

Smiley Stacci, of Strafford, brought his female pit bull, May Pull, to participate in the weight pull competition. Stacci first got interested in pit bulls in 1996 and since then has traveled all over the U.S. competing.

“This one is my house dog and my couch potato,” Stacci said of May Pull.

Stacci said he does understand why people may be scared of pit bulls.

“They are an intimidating dog to look at,” Stacci said. “The stigma is not earned, though.”

May Pull pulled more than 1,000 pounds of weight Sunday, showing just how strong the breed is.

Sam and Jerri Anderson, of Windsor, visited the Swine Pavilion to watch the weight-pull competition.

“They really have them under control,” Sam said. “They are faithful to their owners.”

The Andersons do not have any dogs and thought the pit bull show was nice to see.

“We’ve had to put up with quite a bit, but we don’t quit,” Leamer said.~

http://www.sedaliademocrat.com/news/...ependence.html

16. TRUEPITS

TRUEPITS Big Dog

Nice Post ^^^

17. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

yeah, i went both days. we took tommi, rose and riot. i didnt place showing riot either time on saturday :mad:, but my oldest daughter haley took 1st place jr. handler in the 10-14 class with tommi (it was haleys first show) and my youngest hannah took 2nd in the 10 and under class w/ rose:D (her first also). i was one proud papa!

18. TRUEPITS

TRUEPITS Big Dog

Say Congrats to those girls for doing such an awesome job and congrats to you for doing such great work with those daughters of yours!

19. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

congrats boogie, you have some NICE lookin dogs, and it was good to finally get to meet ya in person.

20. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

thanks, it has made my week.:) im doin my best to raise em right;)