1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Shipping costs killing the dog trade

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by GrChHaunch, Aug 16, 2022.

1. GrChHaunch

GrChHaunch Top Dog

So I have been fortunate to make a number of friends on a couple of dog forums and have talked to several breeders who have had to lower their prices on some well bred dogs.

Why? Shipping. With inflation and gas prices the cost of shipping has become so high people can't afford to buy dogs. Many are still having problems even after lowering prices (which is crazy as everything else is more expensive). Shipping is literally a deal breaker.

It makes sense since the biggest haters of our breed (far leftists and Humaniacs...Humaniacs are almost always far leftists) are also those who are primarily responsible for runaway inflation.

Go Brandon Go!

2. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

If you're too cheap to pay the 350 to get your 1500-2500+ dog shipped to you you likely can't afford the vet bills if it gets fucked up.

Shipping bitching isn't a new thing. I transported dogs for a spell. I charged a VERY reasonable fee. Everyone wanted a deal, discount, or play on shipping. This was close to 7-8 years ago. It's easy to blame the government, the economy, or even your job but it mostly comes down to ppl being cheap asses and wanting something for nothing. Same with pups and dogs.

che, F.W.K. and COTTON4925 like this.
  3. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Both posts/sides are true from my perspective. These dogs have the cheapest group of people involved with them, want everything for nothing but act like they're made of money at the same time. But gas prices/cost of living has had an impact on dog sales and transport business from the few people I talk to that do both. Sales/service has definitely slowed down over the last few months. BTW, $350 sounds like a price from a couple of years ago, I haven't heard anything that low in a while.

4. Pullingcovers

Pullingcovers Top Dog

I ain’t heard 350 in a while !

5. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Guess I'm plugged in.... I paid 400 not but a few months ago to travel 1/2 across the country after picking up at the southern border...

6. kiwidogman

kiwidogman Top Dog

Fucks sake if you want something you’ll find the money. If you can’t find the money you didn’t want it bad enough. Law of supply and demand. Grow the fuck up.

che and F.W.K. like this.
  7. chili

chili Big Dog

Don’t want to pay? Go pick the dog up yourself.
    Ain’t nobody lowering their price because of shipping costs. That’s a buyer problem.

Bro you out here trying to tell folks who know better how shit works. I ain’t into the dogs but I bought one and had it shipped across the country without bitching about it, bragging about it or even posting what I got or what I had when the ped would’ve made paper chasers like yourself wet your pants.

While this is a public forum, I suggest some of you ladies either learn to stop yapping so much and actually do something OR wash that coochie up and just sit on my face already.

“Believe only half of what you see and none of what you hear.”

kiwidogman likes this.
  8. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

$500 to ship one from PA to Florida.
    I find it hard to believe one could make that trip themselves and it be any cheaper. If anything, it's going to be a few hundred more. You're spending more than that just on gasoline in your car alone to make that trip. Not to mention the frequent stops to eat and/or sleep on the way. I sent one to California 2 years ago for 400. That really ain't much if you think about it. If I bought a dog trotter it would cost me more than 500 to ship it just from VA to PA. It was 300 to ship one in like 2000. Cost hasn't really gone up all that much considering how much everything else has gone up in the same amount of time.

F.W.K. and Ssdd like this.
  9. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Some people want a front row seat for a dime and are disappointed when they can't.

10. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Was around a 600 dollar to get one here with Delta Airlines 20 plus years ago. Pretty cheap for a 5000 miles flight even back then.

11. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Truthfully most folks would do just fine with a 200$ dog out there local newspaper.

Ssdd likes this.
  12. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

But then they can't brag to the world they bought a dog to waste....

13. GrChHaunch

GrChHaunch Top Dog

Thats what I did. I drove about 400 miles, my car costs about $1.20 a mile so that worked out to about $500. $500 was the quote I was getting on shipping from further places. I would much rather drive because that way I get to personally pick the dog directly from the litter. I can get a better shipping price for dogs out of Mexico, but mainly because I am right on the way for their big run to NYC.

But the bottom line is shipping as become a much larger expense. Yes, rationally, it is still a relatively small fraction of what you pay for a dog after all is said and done but all costs add up and shipping cost has without a doubt affected the trade. You can deny this fact and characterize it as bitching (you are probably the type of person that calls everything "bitching") but you would also be failing Econ 101.

14. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Shit we had a chick on this site drove to Canada to get one from Bama . I'm sure you remember.

AGK likes this.
  15. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Lol it was during Obama years when gas was high then to

Ssdd likes this.
  16. Pullingcovers

Pullingcovers Top Dog

I hope it’s not the cholo guy !