1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

September Entries! Please read!

Discussion in 'Dog Photo Contest' started by StopBSL, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

Everyone Please read the below posted rules. I have had almost every single entry this month in all categories need adjustment. I know we haven't done it for a while but please take a moment and read the rules. Review your post and fix any missing information, duplicate photos or larger than the allowed size pictures.

Any photos which do not meet the specified guidelines are NOT available to be voted on.

This contest is fun and I know we all like to do it. However, it's more work than 1 or even 2 mods can handle when every single post needs to be modified. This is why it ended before. I brought it back because I wanted you all to get a chance to enjoy it again.

Please note the new size rule.

Contest Rules:

* Each member is only allowed to enter one picture per category per month, if you submit additional pictures, they will be promptly removed.

* Photos should be no larger than 600 x 600 pixels.

* The dog pictured must be owned by you, if the dog is deceased, it must have died under your ownership.

* Please include your dog's call name with your entry, to aid in the voting process.

* Near the end of the month, entries will close and a post for voting will be put up. You may vote once per category.

* If your dog wins a monthly contest, you may not enter that same picture for the rest of the year. You may re-enter the same dog as often as you wish, as long as you use a different picture each time. A championship vote shall be held at the end of the year for all dogs that won a particular category, so it would be to your benefit to leave your entry hosted at the same URL if you win a monthly category.

If you post a picture that violates these rules, it may be subject to immediate removal and will require resubmission, conforming to these rules, to be included in the contest.

Quick breakdown of the categories:

Male: All adult male dogs.
    Female: All adult female dogs.
    Puppy: Puppies 12 months of age or younger.
    Pet: Any pet, any type, any breed.

Please remember, this contest is for fun! Participate in the spirit of the contest as it is intended. Don't campaign for your dog, or invite friends to vote for your entry. Don't make disparaging remarks about other dogs entered. (If you feel there is a care issue, feel free to PM the user or start a new thread.) Keep the photo contest threads clean and friendly so everybody can enjoy!

This is the way I want you to post your Entry

example:
    black caesar's Hemi @ 19 months etc

Thank you all for your cooperation. If you need help resizing, checking photo size, reposting, deleting old posts etc feel free to post it here or pm me.

Have fun!

2. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

Bump . . .

3. williewonka1

williewonka1 Big Dog

4. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

how do you post a pic?

5. Kristi

Kristi Big Dog

how do you resize a pic?

6. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

If you have already uploaded a picture to photobucket or a similar storage website you can easily resize photos using those programs. In photobucket select the photo and then scroll over it. You will see options come up, including resize. You need to choose a size smaller than 600x600 in order to be eligible.

if you are using photo bucket to store your pictures you can copy the image code in order to post it in the thread. You paste it under your entry description.

if you are using another program please pm me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.