1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Secrets

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Roche, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Roche

Roche Big Dog

Many dogmen I have met will tell you about the BIG secret prospects they have lined up for a hunt. But some of these don't turn out as expected. So why keep it a secret in the first place? There are even secret breedings in which that particular breeder brags on how good the offspring will be but will not sell any of them but will instead place them in trusted hands to be campaigned in future. One or two of these secrets have multiple pedigrees or once they get titles the true ped is released. I on the other hand do not believe in any of these secrets reason being I'm a good sport and will accept defeat in the hunt and definetly not insecure about my dogs. I would like to read different opinions on weather these secrets are necessary or not. So please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

2. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

I see it as if you brag one ped and then change with a title is shady.keeping secrets should be know one knowing nothing until it's time.There a few here in my area that I wont disclose info about cause some are dirty and want what you got at all means,or they will try to discredit you so the less they know the better.
    As far as keeping a bad litter a secret I would since it's cull time and It dont mean a thing as long as your not peddling them and doing a repeat breeding.

3. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

old dog men would fool you with a breeding........so folks would want to be present when the dogs locked.

But the ol'dogmen that where loathed to give away their blood would mate the bitch again to another dog.....killing the fisrt sperm.

4. ccourtcleve

ccourtcleve Big Dog

hmm. ok well i can see situations where not disclosing a breeding may be necessary. but as stated above, changing the ped over once the dog gets a title is iffy.

I guess it doesn't matter if a person keeps it a secret if they are keeping all the pups and placing them with friends.

5. old goat

old goat CH Dog

you can't kill sperm by mating with another male . they did it for different reasons . but most did it so they could hook them . but it's not pre 76 so it's all ok .

6. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

everyone has secrets

7. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

You want to test your male? Bring your straw and a microscope.

8. Roche

Roche Big Dog

Lol. No comment

9. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

that was my thought old goat, sometimes its hard to hook a great dog

10. old goat

old goat CH Dog

well not if you keep it a secret . mellowhead would come in and on one knew until it was to late . and bitches were the best to see .

11. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

thats how mayday got hooked into tant right?

12. old goat

old goat CH Dog

yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! secrets can help sometimes .

13. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Its only a secret if you keep it to yourself.

14. Roche

Roche Big Dog

They had to change his name cause no one was willing to up against him as vic claims and Tant did not want to go into dog's out of his bloodline