1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Schoolboy's Big Red

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Dr. Lector, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Dr. Lector

Dr. Lector Big Dog

Schoolboy's Big Red

Schoolboy's Big Red was bred from a Jeep/Red Boy cross. He was sired by Dunlavy's Rowdy out of Dunlavy's Red Girl. Rowdy was from J. Johnson's famous Jeep/Ms. Rage cross and Red Girl was from the best of the Carolina Kitten's yard. I witnessed this game bulldog in action when Schoolboy and his son Schoolkid where at their heyday. Big Red proved to be a formidable competitor when he destroyed an entry c&h by the Scratch& Stitch Combine. Later Big Red was sent into a red & white Going Light Barney bred dog called, if my memory serves me well, Big Puppy or something to that affect. Anyway Big Red's opponent was what some would call a cur acting dog and what others would call a gambler's delight. But the minute the dogs were released Big Puppy's style proved to be frustrating for Big Red. Big Red could never really get his mouth on anything solid and Big Puppy kept snapping and turning. At around the hour mark Schoolboy decides to pick up a game and shocky Big Red. Just how game, Big Red was about to prove. On his courtesy scratch Big Red, deep in shock stumbled out of his corner upon release. He stumbled so bad that he fell as he hit the side of the wall on his way across to Big Puppy but his intent was clear and his nose was pointed in the right direction. After stumbling and falling, he proceeded to get back on his feet and once near enough to Big Puppy, Big Red gave what energy he had left and lunged into his opponent the way a crocodile lunges at its prey. After completing his game scratch, Big Red was immediately taken into the house. I watched Big Red laying on a blanket saying to myself that he didn't look as though he'd make it. Thanks to the expertise of a member of Pit Town, Big Red survived to produce some very game and talented offspring. Ch. Bill who defeated a game LA Dream Team's CH. Jesse James, Clayton Blood a 2x winner with his longest 2:43, and Rowdy also a 2x winner whose longest went 2:31. For anyone that has a question about the gameness of Big Red you can be assured that he is without a doubt in this writer's mind....A BULL DOG!

~ Muddy Water

YIS

2. lil mayhem

lil mayhem Top Dog

Another great piece of history. Thanks Lector

3. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

Thanks for this!

4. 179pitman

179pitman Pup

always posting priceless history thanks!

5. So, what you are posting is not true? I mean you can pull up his ped and see that the historical account listed is not correct. And, Royal Bull has another version as to what is above. So, what is correct?

6. Dr. Lector

Dr. Lector Big Dog

Huh...? Wasn't aware of another version...please fill us in. Just click on offspring to check out Big Red.

Sire: http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=4275

Dam: http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=9156

7. Dr. Lector

Dr. Lector Big Dog

The only difference from what I see is the ped mentions more champions produced besides Ch. Bill....

YIS

8. Sired GRCH Cleo, GRCH Gorilla Bear, Ch Bill, Ch Benny Bones, Ch Boss Hog, Ch Dante POR, Ch Deli POR, Ch Den Den, Ch Deng, Ch Humble, Ch Kare Bear, Ch Roxy, Ch Stoley, Ch Zues, XENA ROM, Chinadoll ROM, Apache POR, DaDa POR, and several 1 & 2 timers. Won 1st @51, picked up in 2nd @52 against Pup Pup. Did not beat the count on "L" shaped courtesy scratch; ran into the ref & went to the hog afterwards (could not see). All accounts are fictional.

Did not beat the count on his courtesy scratch. That is what I was referring to.

Do not want to question a great producer and athlete. Just thought the version posted above differed from what you posted.

9. Dr. Lector

Dr. Lector Big Dog

Yeah...I gotcha...probably 2 different authors...but no major discrepancies. What I gathered from both was he was picked up against BP but made a hell of a courtesy and was a good producer.

YIS

10. Great producer. Yes.

11. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

Looks like the same story to me. Sounds like he couldn't physically make it across but his intentions were clear. And I didn't know big pup and pup pup were the same dog. Pup pup was a bad mofo!

12. Fair enough. Agreed.

13. PureGameness

PureGameness Big Dog

Good read and good posts