1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Scatterbred vs Linebred

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by hermanlee, Aug 10, 2010.

1. scooter

scooter Big Dog

Whoooooooweeeee!:eek:

2. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

sorry if someone already said this... "Good dogs are where you find them..."

3. BOCKennels

BOCKennels Big Dog

Line and inbreeding is a way to "guess" at what ur going to get before you breed. I like trying to "out cross" within the line. If I have a dog with high ability and no mouth, I'm trying to find a high ability dog WITH mouth of the same or similar lines. Then u don't get the "wild cards". Imo scatter bred dogs tend to vary much more within the litter. Line bred dogs usually throw consistancy. U tend get say a whole litter of "good" dogs line bred. Scatter bred u might get 4 pos, 2 avaerage dogs, and 1 world beater... jmo

4. Now I'm not making fun of anyone intentionally here but I thought this was hilarious...

"They say the scatterbred dogs are better all around performers but the well bred will produce better"

So,,,, what exactly is it the well bred dogs are supposed to be producing that's better? more producers??? LOL

5. chaser71

chaser71 Banned

What I was saying is the well bred will produce dogs true to its type .As the scatterbred will not re-produce itself !Is that better ?

6. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

Kinda contradicting don't ya think lol.

7. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

gringo thats a well breed bulldog....he must b from the tigerline...lol