1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Scatterbred Dogs

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Colossal, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Colossal

Colossal Pup

I know over the yrs in the past history has proven that quite a few scatter bred dogs have succeeded in proving their worth but my question to the board is what is your opinion on one that is 3-4+ different lines and how if proven worthy breed them do you continue scattering or do you take one of the lines scattered and try to concentrate on that bred into something pure or what???? And yes I know a good dog is where you get them but scatter bred is scatterbred!

2. mlmaas

mlmaas Top Dog

i guess all the breedings are a gamble at some point, only way to find out what works is to take chances.

3. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

I wouldent consider a three or 4 way cross a scaterbred dog:rolleyes:

4. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

if its a good dog then id breed to something more pure.but it dont really mater unless your just thinking pretty papers.personily i try to keep them within 3 lines in the first 6 gen,dont have any pure line and like what i got going.

5. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

the only thing you can do is take it for what it is. if it produces great if not just except it as a bulldog that proved itself but didn't produce. pedigrees(pappers) are just ink & paper not fortune tellers. sure it will be harder to find the family avg or figure out what blood is carrying the good genes. but then again nothing is easy & to a point it's all a gamble. some folks do real good with 4 way crosse RB/J/T/B for exampl.

6. KINGKRACKER1

KINGKRACKER1 Big Dog

gr.ch.virgil...i rest my case..imo ive seen alot of 1 line dogs lacking something...not all!!! But alot!

7. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

thats why i dont have any one line dogs i've had a hand full but done better with a good cross.

8. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

9. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

first i'd try to get in contact with the breeder and find out why that cross was made. Would personally go rb/jocko

10. ATEXAN

ATEXAN Big Dog

Yea, Mayday did just fine with a 4way cross.

11. Boy-boy 416

Boy-boy 416 Big Dog

12. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

13. A lot of the dogs today are not what their paper represents. Don't rely too much on papers. The safest way to avoid paperhung dogs is to get from reputable breeders only, breeders with solid reputation. Many first timers are being duped by a lot of hype talking to those so called "oldtimers".

Be sure to know what you want.

14. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

im not a really big fan of scatterbred dogs but i have seen some gud one's..

15. Colossal

Colossal Pup

16. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

alot of people consider 3 or 4 way crosses scatterbred.
    These are some of the better dogs
    some of the lines people try to keep tight are based on a dog that was a 4 way cross himself. look at how we went from rb to rbj to rbj/bolio. look how that cross kept evolving

17. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Folks that know a thing or two consider a 3 or for way cross exactly that, a 3 or 4 way cross.;)

18. Colossus

Colossus Big Dog

19. big dan

big dan Big Dog

I'd call it a chinaman/rb/lonzo's elvis cross,but then some would call it a garner\crews\lonzo cross because they r the ones that bred the dogs from the aboved menitioned dogs.jmo Just how ever you want to look at it.

20. Boy-boy 416

Boy-boy 416 Big Dog

thats what i call it .