1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

San Francisco requires pit bull sterilization

Discussion in 'Laws & Legislation' started by Marty, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Marty

Marty Guest

San Francisco, Ca -- San Francisco's city legislature approved a measure on Tuesday requiring all pit bulls to be sterilized.
    The measure, passed 10-0 by the city's Board of Supervisors, sets fines of up to $1,000 for owners who fail to spay or neuter their pit bulls, although some exceptions apply.
    The legislation comes after the June death of a 12-year-old San Francisco boy mauled by the family pit bull. Other recent pit bull attacks have also sparked wide media attention.
    The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that pit bulls caused about a third of more than 200 fatal U.S. dog attacks from 1979 to 1998.
    Separately, legislators in Contra Costa County across the bay from San Francisco backed new rules on Tuesday requiring permits for dogs deemed potentially dangerous and barred felons from having dangerous dogs. That legislation envisions a case by case analysis of what constitutes dangerous animals.
    http://today.reuters.com/news/newsA...RTRUKOC_0_US-LIFE-PITBULLS.xml&archived=False

2. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

Just great. More bad news.

3. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

now that it's been passed there i wonder what city/county is going to be next.

4. PitDawg

PitDawg Big Dog

WELL, What are the Exceptions???????????

5. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

i was thinking the same thing but then remembered that,this is the media and that's their story. they got what they wanted to say out.

6. J Henry

J Henry Big Dog

This is what it is coming down too. They say they are not going to ban any one breed of dog but they are going to target the ones that they clame to be dangerous. I would like to know the exceptions myself.

That is why I have been out every day with the petition to try and get it put on the ballot to get SB 861 overturned. I hope that there are more out here in CA doing the same thing.

7. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

I am so glad to hear this, good for you. Keep up all your hard efforts.

8. J Henry

J Henry Big Dog

Thanks, I will not let them just do this to our dogs without putting up a fight for our rights. The scary thing is that most people that I have talked to that have signed the petition did not even know that SB 861 had been passed!!

9. Tiara

Tiara Big Dog

Hey Missybee since you live in California maybe J Henry can send you some petitions so that you too can collect signatures?

10. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

The Only Exceptions I Saw Were You Have To Have A Permit To Breed And That Show Dogs Recognized By Akc Were Exempt!!!