1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

salmon oil

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by thedude04, Feb 24, 2006.

1. thedude04

thedude04 Top Dog

i know theres a few things on this subject akready but my search didnt really answer all my question so i was wondering if there where any other benefits to salmon oil other then better skin and coat any thing would be great thanx

2. From my reading and understanding it also boosts the immune system in your dog. I give mine canned pink salmon 3 times a week, regular fish oil 4 times a week and they get saff flower oil every morning. There coats look great and my male with allergies is doing 110% better. I also give Ester C for immune system. The safflower oil can be bought in the grocery store is only about $3 a bottle. I give 1 tsp every morning.

3. thedude04

thedude04 Top Dog

cool i was planing on starting my boy on it but i didnt know the other benfits or really how much a week to give him so great thanx for all the info

4. mikelia

mikelia Big Dog

Do you use the salmon fresh or from a can?

5. japangame

japangame Big Dog

skin, coat, immune and i heard somewhere that it has some protien in it. That could have been BS though. Either way, it is a great supliment for your dog. I really dont use sups but that is a good one. hope you found what your looking for. Good luck;)

6. thedude04

thedude04 Top Dog

thanx ya im going to pick some up oday and start him on it tommory well she how he does thanx for all the help

7. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

We give it to our dog for his joints as well. He's an old dog and it can help with arthritis, or so we've heard.

8. I do both but mostly from the can.

9. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

You can supplement with the actual canned salmon or with the salmon oil capsules!

What I found was good was the "fish oils" or "wild fish oils" also in capsules!

YIS

10. tomoe

tomoe Pup

where do you buy these tablets? are they dog specific or just the vitamins humans eat? any recommended brands?

11. thedude04

thedude04 Top Dog

where do you buy these tablets? are they dog specific or just the vitamins humans eat? any recommended brands?i was wondering the same thing is one brand better then the other or are they all about the same
    <!-- / message -->

12. I suggest you look into the brands less and more into the ingredients and amounts per serving. This is the tricky part. Some will say serving size 3 capsules and others will state 2, etc. Thus, if you are comparing "brand" to "brand", make sure you also compare servings "sizes" and amount per ingredient.

I use to buy GNC Amino Complex but now use "walgreens" brand. The reason for my change is that although GNC brand contains 90 capsules to "walgreens" 120, GNC total servings is 30 to Walgreens 60. In addition, price is about the same. If I find a brand that contains bet