1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

salmon oil question

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by DirtyD, Mar 27, 2011.

1. DirtyD

DirtyD Top Dog

I have been trying to search and find the daily dose amount/ mg amount for feeding salmon oil capsuls and having no luck. Does anybody know as for as mg to weight ratio or to just feed one a day? any info would be great. Also salmon oil cpsuls are better vs regular fish oil capsuls right?

2. jacko

jacko CH Dog

cant go wrong with cod liver oil & cold tea lol

3. DirtyD

DirtyD Top Dog

sounds tasty... :yuck:

4. MCS

MCS CH Dog

There is another thread on this subject. Couple things to look for is molecular distiled and I belive the thread mentioned sardines as being good for some reason. When I have used it, I personally gave I tabled per day, believe they were 500mg. Look for that other thread tho think u will find what u need.

5. DirtyD

DirtyD Top Dog

I think I found it and I will cross post the actual quote..

Omega 3 Fatty Acids
    The essential fatty acids most often talked about are Omega 6 and Omega 3. The Omega 6 fatty acids are found in most foods, including vegetables, grains and meats. Omega 3 fatty acids are much more difficult to find. They are found in cold-water fish and marine animals. Keeping a good balance of these two essential fatty acids is important. Since Omega 6 fatty acids are plentiful in most foods, it is only necessary to supplement with Omega 3 fatty acids.

Quote from BEHAVIN
    Omega 3 fatty acids are important for the central nervous system, hormone regulation, and the development of the brain and eyes in neonates. They also help fight inflammation. Additionally, it is renal protective; helps support the liver and the heart. More recent studies also show it is one nutrient cancer cannot use for energy and helps fight weight loss in this disease.
    Good sources include salmon and fish body oils. Daily recommended amounts are 1,000 mg per 20-30 lbs in healthy dogs.
    Generally, between the Bertes Daily Blend, salmon oil, or fish oil capsules, the bases are covered for what might be missing from the daily diet!

http://www.game-dog.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36450&highlight=salmon+oil+capsules&page=2

I was search through the forum on my phone earlier since I was at the store. Thanks for the info MCS.

6. DirtyD

DirtyD Top Dog

again thanks

7. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

i have a bottle of salmon oil and it says 10 ml a day for middle weight dogs

a spoon is around 7 ml ;)

im not adding it anymore cause i believe theres enough fish in orijen