1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Safe dog toys for my pit?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by StopAnimalAbuse, Jul 27, 2004.

1. My baby Oakley loves this toy. It's a tug-o-war rope with a ball on the end. Well, I tied it to the tree outside so it hangs from a larger rope. It swings and the ball hangs about 2ft from the ground. She loves it -- she likes to swing on it by holding her mouth on the rope. However, I have a concern that it might not be safe because since she is almost 6mos and her adult teeth are in - her teeth might snag on the rope and one might pop out? Has anyone had this type of concern? Is this safe to do for her? I can't play tug-o-war with her because of my bad back. I have it up on the tree now so she can't play with it until I can establish this is a safe and good toy for my pit. Anyone have any suggestions? She loves it and I let her play on it when I am standing right there with her. Thanks for anyone's advice on this.

2. AC

AC Big Dog

3. yes, they have some great ideas too. Thank you for the info. !!!!!!!!!!My Oakley thanks you too. LOL

4. AC

AC Big Dog

Glad to be of help. Hope you and your companion enjoy the toys with more ease now. It's always helpful to read up on as much as you can :)

5. Dunkel

Dunkel Pup

One safe hobby for a yard dog is a bowling ball. It's big enough to the dog not to chew but keeps the dog occupied for hours.

(check out some details at www.dunkelkennels.com and click on "yard tips")

Attached Files:

6. AC

AC Big Dog

Hey that's a good idea.

7. Excellent idea too. I will get a bowling ball for her too -- She would not be able to take this ball in the house haha, (I hope) nice site too.!!

8. Nitrous

Nitrous Guest

I might have to get one myself

9. Dunkel

Dunkel Pup

The bowling ball is worth trying. A used ball is only about $10 - $20 and they'll propably fill the finger holes for you if you ask.

However, I've noted that the bowling ball do not suit for all Pit Bulls, some are just too intensive and they'll break even the bowling ball! Just today I spotted one of the dogs carrying around the ball in his teeths. I didn't knew it is possible.

The most intensive dogs will chew the bowling ball and may damage their teeths. This doesn't happend in wihtout you noticing it because the ball is hard rubber.
    But you better follow what the dog is doing, just in case.

10. Nitrous

Nitrous Guest

That would be my dog right there, carrying a bowling ball around, lol

11. Nitrous

Nitrous Guest

He goes threw them chew ropes in like a week

12. Dunkel

Dunkel Pup

Well, that was what I saw on the yard today. The dog carrying the bowling ball was one of my (many) favorit, Bubba. First I thought that the ball was stuck in his jaws but he was just carrying it to a better place...

Here's a photo of Bubba (without the bowling ball)

Attached Files:

13. AC

AC Big Dog

I once had my dog tied with a lead next to my car i threw him a basketball and it was a big mistake he popped it in like 1 min. then he grabbed a hold of the tire on my car and popped it! I was furious but it was my mistake. I ruffled his feathers LoL

14. Marty

Marty Guest

Hey I tryed this it didn't work with sheena this is what the ball looked like after 15/20 min's [​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. Dunkel

Dunkel Pup

Maybe you could return the bowling ball? Hah haa, just kidding.

I've bought a handfull of bowling balls and it looks like there are several types of balls. And several types of dogs, too. For some dogs the bowling ball doesn't work - the dog is too intensive - for some it work better.

What you have to do now is to buy an original boomer ball, the biggest size (#10). It's slightly bigger than the bowling ball, harder plastic and the ball is lighter. This will work for your dog.
    The boomer ball has some kind of guarantee and will definetly last. But it's more expensive than the bowling ball ...

16. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

I have a very "intense" girl.. LOL I recently bought her one of those "indestructable" bones... what a joke!! LOL It looks like a hairy penis now!! LOL She chews and chews, and gets PIST!! Her eyes, nose and lips all turn beat red and she will start growling at it... LOL Thinking about giving her a bowling ball.. see what she thinks!! LOL
    She REALLY likes cats but... (he he he) We went from 6 cats to one in a 2 week period.. (Atleast now i know she has good prey drive..) Now the "surviver" is a permanent outside kitty... his choice! LOL

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2004
  17. B-I-Z

B-I-Z Big Dog

I dont know how long this will last but I was experimenting with stuff today. I took a crown royal bag and put a toy lion inside it. The lion is REAL hard plastic molded stuff. Anyway i tied it up good and threw it at my pup. He went CRAZY. He loves it. Then i put a treat in with the lion and it really got him curious.

If you want a crown bag pm me ive got a few hundred lol

[​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Dunkel

Dunkel Pup

19. LOL a Crown Royal Bag is the purple bag the Crown Royal comes in -- it's a liquer bag. Hee hee, I have had a few myself