1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

running concern

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by JoeyNzoey, Jul 24, 2010.

1. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

We do all of our walking on mainly cemented ground/sidewalks and as far as running that is usually done on the e mill and sprints are done on a grass field or on the beach. Now my concern has been whether running on cement will really destroy a dog's joints or cause any other serious problems down the road? I really try to steer clear of it but when I went running with my siblings a couple of times and on my own I brought zoey along. I am planning to really begin my cardio running on daily basis again so this is why I am starting to give it some hard thoughts so any information would be appreciated. Zoey is 2 years old and a month now.

2. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

I've ran my dogs next to my bike on cement since 93 or so, many dogs and never had any problems. I wont go over 25min though, nothing scientific but just what I've done. I mill, dirt field or grass for anything longer then 25

and will hand walk for days on cement, I dont see a problem with it and never had any. I wont keep my dogs in cement kennel runs, soft earth for me

3. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

same here have not had a problem and been doing it for a wile..