1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Running a pup via bike

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by Dr_jitsu, May 28, 2008.

1. MOOT44

MOOT44 Top Dog

I have 2 'pit bulls' and one that is actually registered w/ the UKC, ADBA, and ABDA. I would post her ped, but I have no idea how to considering I know NOTHING about peds. All that Haunch grand champion stuff you said means nothing to me, becuase I know NOTHING about that stuff.

Sounds like you're a little defensive. I just thought at 84 pounds it must have been a different breed of dog, due to APBTs not being 84 or so pounds.........:)

2. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

Your too eager to work the dog. Just let it enjoy its puppy hood.

3. Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu Big Dog

4. Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu Big Dog

5. mindogg

mindogg Pup

dr jitsu , how dense can you actually be? you must be a slow learner. many people have answered your question with the same answer. DONT WORK DOG ON A BIKE YET!!!!! duh. it is the question u wished to have answered, right?? stop being so hard headed.

6. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

:( With respect sir, there is no need for any of this at that age.

7. jdp204

jdp204 Pup

ride that amazing specialized p bike on some trails while shes growing, im envious sir of your well bred dog and bike! have fun with her, i dont think youll be peddling faster than she is running no? i guess i have it lucky with a pup that wont leave a tennis ball out of her mouth.:)

8. Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu Big Dog

Jdp,

I went in just to get an inexpensive Comfort bike...but they had the Specialized marked down from 1.3K to $900...the Scot in me just couldn't stand to pass up a bargain.

Unfortunately I am not the athlete I was nearly 25 years ago when I used to race bikes and then work as a messenger in the streets of San Francisco. The pup will be home tomorrow morning when I take the bike out for a good long ride.

9. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

excuse me but u got a 84lber out of Haunch......ARE U SERIOUS........Haunch was high 50's conditioned, how in the hell would he have thrown one that large. What was the bottom side of the ped bred like?

10. Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu Big Dog

He was a freak...2 other dogs out of the litter were very big also. The mother (my dog, Gretchen) was a line out of the Philippines called Shago, father was Victory Dollars. Gretchen was tested hard and while she didn't have a lot of mouth she was very game. She also was the smartest dog I ever had and excelled at Schutzund and PP. She was about 58 lbs.

The size increase was well termed by Gary (half owner of Haunch) as "hybrid vigor."

11. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

thats wild.....the only gamebred dogs that i've heard of that get that big is the watered down alligator stuff.........what do those philippine lines go back to?

12. Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu Big Dog

13. Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu Big Dog

14. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

well damn, thats very strange that u got a dog that big out of that mix of bloodlines. I would most definately not be furthering any other generations of those freak size dogs, thats just my opinion, but i don't see how they can perform properly in the box at that huge size

15. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Tight Bred Rozmus Mccoy blood can throw good dogs that Are in the 55-75 pound Range.

16. SPFDOGS

SPFDOGS Guest

Dr jitsu: If you have been involved with these dogs for 15yrs why have you been asking these newbie questions?.
    You said that before you became a college professor you lived in "the hood" and socialized with dogmen,so what happened?.Did you simply forget everything you learned/saw from the days before you became so wealthy and prolific?.
    The 10min gametest/accident that you had in your house with Gretchen,is this the reason you call her very game?.

Just asking....

17. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

yea i hear ya, i love the foundation dog, gr. ch. bucky mccoy, i believe he was around 65lbs or so on the chain. Probably the only big gamedogs i would ever consider running

18. Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu Big Dog

SPF,

You understand that if I consciously w/ premeditation game tested my dogs that I would be in violation of many state and federal laws, yes? I will say that I have read the article on the urban dogman long before you posted it. Although I have never done this myself, the best way to test a dog is to let it go 5lbs uphill against a match quality dog (w/out too much mouth however) for 25 minutes or so. I, of course, have never done so.:D

In any event, what would you say about a 58lb dog lasting for 10 minutes against an 84 lb dog in an accident. And then the little dog, who required serious medical attention bit you trying to get at the big dog that was killing her. I would say that that mans something.

19. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

Yall better be easy. He's gonna put you in a rear naked choke!!!:eek:

20. Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu Big Dog

LOL..actually Bully, there is a real BJJ black belt on this Board and it is not me.