1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ruined??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by ABK, Feb 12, 2007.

1. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

2. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

I agree with you, but because someone thinks rolling a dog is cruel doesn't mean they don't find abortion even more cruel. And the reason most of the US population, and other countries for that matter find dog fighting to be "cruel beyond measure" is because they see it as a bunch of people gathering around simply to watch animals tear eachother apart for nothing more than entertainment. I agree with you.

3. lovebeingme

lovebeingme Big Dog

Okay, so maybe my last statement took it too far. If I offended anyone I apologize. But since I'm just an ignorant, liberal, lazy idiot my opinion shouldn't matter all that much.

Maybe I'll reply later when my blood has cooled down a bit.

Thank you Riptora for stickin' up for me a little, it's appreciated.

Jaime

4. Attila

Attila Guest

sounds good to me I like coon. sure enough.

5. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

HA! I knew you had been sleep deprived... You go fire your guns, I've got an appointment at the fight gym tonight... thank God. I don't recall her attacking the dogman, I recall her saying it was cruel, and she didn't believe in it.

Okay, this is why I am soooooo frustrated! It's hard to hit what I'm getting at, but this is simple in a way.

1. MOST Dogmen/women love the dogs, they are passionate about the dogs, they do a lot for the dogs, etc. etc.

2. MOST people who own the breed/work in rescue whatever, love the dogs, they are also passionate about them, and do a lot for the dogs too.... etc. etc.

They BOTH love the breed for the same damn reasons. They BOTH hate the concept of BSL. They BOTH hate cruelty to the dogs, neither one would do something cruel to the dogs out of sick pleasure (I am referring to GOOD Dogmen/women, and SENSIBLE owners/rescuers) They BOTH hate Back Yard Breeders! Arrgggh! So what is the damn problem here?

Easy... the game dog types label the owners as "humaniacs" "liberals" "PETA supporters"-whatever, and the owner/rescuer types label the game doggers are "cruel" "immoral" blah blah blah

The breed will be gone before long over this nonsense.

6. Bailey

Bailey Pup

I'm just gonna jump in here and make it known how much I admire this post. I can say that if Jaime reads this and doesn't feel the compassion then yeah maybe she's into the wrong breed. These dogs are targets for seek and destroy humaniaks and they use every means to destroy the history lesson and purpose of this breed. This breed has many more qualities than it's passion for the fight. What about the human loyalty, the unique personality and what it's will. All people want to speak of nowadays is how a dog in this breed hurt someone or something. I'm done, this always pisses me off when people overlook how sadistic they're being to raise their self-esteem.

Good post Old Timer, you're well respected in my book!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2007
  7. Attila

Attila Guest

Your right. Thanks now my blood pressure can go back down.

8. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

The molestion bit is from another conversation on the thread with ABK. I didn't start it. I don't recall attacking you, and I know you have a list, don't have a problem with that either. I didn't catch the rest of that, but not suprising because this whole thread is somewhat confusing... I didn't even catch how Jaimie was attacking anyone, or when she apparently became close minded. I might be missing details... but it's a long thread.

I don't even know what the hell a Liberal really is! I don't own up to labels like that because I don't confide in any one party. I know what I feel and think, but I don't like labels on anyone. They're so official. I can't sum up myself in one name.

9. Attila

Attila Guest

dear friend you just sumed ut up. Don't worry about it I have known all along too.

10. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Why do you keep judging me? I have done nothing to you, and frankly, I am sick of it!! Every time we get into a good post, you always throw the religious stuff at me. What is wrong with you!?! No one ever said anything about feeding them to the dogs. That would be quite dumb. If you ever had hemeroids, you'd know how I feel everytime you stick your loose living, smegma coated nose into my affairs!! I suggest you either step off, or go and get you a weapon, either way is fine with me, lilly!

I dont know what ticks me off worse, what you said to me, or the fact that most who read this post wont know what the heck I'm talking about!!

11. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

lol .......

12. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

don't you ever let anyone put you down or put the lord down.and i tell ya what if i ever see it i will be right beside you fighting all the way.by the way i really do like your signature.but maybe you should adjust it to include liberals lol.

13. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

well include me in the group that doesn't know what ur talkin about cause im all types of lost with this post lol

14. Old Timer I would like to know if you are really an Old Timer. Looked into your Gallery and to bad.....no pics. We had a true Old Timer on this Board his name was Texas Pitdogs (RIJ) he was a good man in my book. You said way back before 1976 you rolled sometimes 2-3 dogs into your prospects and I think you mean one after another....or? If I read right ABKs bitch get hit from 3 at the same time...thats something special that shocks even the gamest dog and could of course kill the gamest in short order. I talked to other dogmen (over old times) and they said they roll theyr dogs carefully, sometimes against bigger, stronger dogs but never to hard. They say every fight puts a little bit out of the dog and if the dog gets realy hurt it should happen in the match. It sounds to me like you realy try to destroy your dogs before the first match because I know how many injuries can originate in a relatively short fight-time. And you used 3 fresh Bulldogs one after another...or used you dogs without teeth? If you ever had a good one I bet before your roll ceremonie he was a outstanding Bulldog. From my point of view you cant find true gameness without put the dog behind wich means tire him out and put damage on him and thatswhy the match should be the true provtime. The roll should provide only one first milde impression.

15. Michele

Michele Guest

great post

16. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Many different schools. Many different ways. I can see the good and bad in each school. Thing about what Old Timer described is that it gets time out of the way. Maybe a good one gets destroyed, mayby it is a curr being discovered. No science to it. For sure, you got a dog that has 3 good ones go into it, and it still thinks it's on top, not trying to jump the wall, you got a nice one on hand.
    As to it ruining a dog, I have heard what you are saying, but I have seen them more often gaining experience and ability. You take a bulldog that has not been schooled out, but lightly(you said not too hard), and it is quite possible in a match it is expecting one thing, and gets quite another. A good example would be a boxer who was over confident about a fight, thinks one thing, but when push comes to shove, it is a shock to him mentally, and could be just enough to cost him the fight.

17. lovebeingme

lovebeingme Big Dog

Nice.....

First, I wouldn't consider myself a liberal. If you all want to paint me that way, well, that's what you'll do. I believe in core values, I believe in God, and I believe we are as good as our actions show that we are.

I try and be objective. I try and see all sides of a story before I give an opinion. I totally despise PETA, and BYB's. I want to seriously harm the thugs in the city that fight their dogs, as I am the one cleaning up their messes.

I also despise an over-handed government who imposes rule after rule until eventually we have no rights as Americans.

I TRY to be the best person I can be. I foster to a max of seven dogs in my home. I volunteer, I obedience train, house-train, give love to, and make decisions on hundreds of pit bulls. I see the dogs that come in torn up from another dog, clinging to life. I see how all they want is a kind hand to help them. I see this ALL THE TIME.

Of course I despise child molesters, none of you know my childhood so pointing out something like this is a horrible thing to say to a survivor.

If my interest in helping the American Pit Bull Terrier is a waste since they are "just dogs" and I should concentrate on other charities and not muddle in other peoples property, what might you suggest? Sure, if I saw a child in need I would do every thing in my power to help. I love kids, I have one in fact, she's 11 and the light of my life. Children aside, I really don't like most adults....I have found a few who are true and pure and I love them with all my heart.

The abortion issue that has been brought up numerous times....Of course I don't agree with the killing of children. I would never EVER be able to do such a thing. I also could never stand outside of an abortion clinic and judge the woman that walk in there. I have no idea what they have gone through and I don't think it's the governments right to make that decision. I am for LESS government. Is that Liberal?

Point blank, I LOVE THESE DOGS. To me, watching them tear into eachother was the most horrifying thing I have ever experienced. I tried for 45 minutes to tear a foster dog off of my female as she looked at me with a want in her eye for it to stop. Her screams still haunt me to this day. Sure, I went into all of this very naive. We got a pup, and raised him. He was such a love I fell in love with the breed. I didn't understand what I was getting myself into, but now I do. I take the good with the bad. These dogs need our help.

I think some of the things said in this thread were very hurtful. I have admitted that the hell comment was too harsh and have apologized.

As far as hating the breeds history equal hating the breed, that's just ludacrous. I can love my guy and still not love things he has done in the past. I can disagree with people and still find common ground to be civil.

I have so many more things to say, but it seems every time I post I evoke anger. That was not my intention. I was just trying to make it understood where I was coming from. I was then called names and degrated. So be it, I can dust my shoulder off and move on.

Jaime

18. Attila

Attila Guest

Pictures don't mean much. I don't think your reading him right though. or have a misconception of him. Or your reading more into the words.

19. Attila

Attila Guest

I agree with you on some of your views and not others. A few completly and not at all on some. It is all good. I am all for the last sentence. Brush it off and move on to a new topic.

Now that you feel crumpled, degraded and broken hearted you may have a shot at understanding what the ruined part of this thread was first implied. Not worthless in all degree's but ruined in spirit. Kinda like a battle that the ass kicking is just too rough to disire to go more or do it again. Not quite the same as verbal is nothing. I bet my mother did the same as some one did to you. Yup hate her guts and livers now. And I know exactly what that feels like to live with.

20. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Good post Attila.

And Jaime, just so you don't feel like the lone ragner, you aren't the only molestation survivor on here. Not by a long shot.