1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ruined??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by ABK, Feb 12, 2007.

1. diva

diva CH Dog

You are right. We can just go down to the grocery store. I'm a country girl. So, I'd much rather have some deer meat chili.....or go to the lake on a nice day and catch enough fish for a good fish fry. lol

P.S. I am glad you posted this thread. After reading about kennel accidents and such, I had wondered the same thing. It was great to read everyone's opinion. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2007
  2. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Well, I am glad I am not alone!!ROFLMBO

3. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Chyna: I am not a county girl, but I like deer meat as well as fish fries. But I know I my survival will not be in question if fishing & hunting were taken away. For one, I have too much back in reserve to starve any time soon & two, I know the location of my local Winn-Dixie! lol.

purplepig: No, you are not alone by a long shot. :D

4. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

Great post ABK.

5. jadedpitgirl

jadedpitgirl Top Dog

oooh man I could certainly go for a good catfish fry or some deer chili maybe even a good old smoked hog; wild of course!

6. Attila

Attila Guest

Probably not we would eat you alive.

[/QUOTE]I disagree that it's "humaniaks" that are butting there nose in.....rolling a dog means inflicting pain and injury on said animal. That is WRONG, no if ands or buts about it. Anyone who claims to love their dog, and allows, even ENCOURAGES their dog to be subjected to pain has something wrong going on in that noggin.[/QUOTE]
    still it isn't their business what some one else does. Ya'll are not supream dictators over every ones life. Y'all really have a bolt short of a dozen

[/QUOTE]I'm not sure why children were brought up in your post, but that's a gross exageration. I love dogs, and I love my kids.....I don't see how the two are related.[/QUOTE] No but why worry more about animals than humans

[/QUOTE]I never said it was any "old dogmen"s fault that the APBT is in the state that it is. I said, rolling dogs in this day and age would attribute to their demise. In the general public doing things like that are not acceptable, and it doesn't just make the person look bad, it demonizes the dogs.[/QUOTE] in the general public it is ok for the president to sleep with other women too. I put no weight in the general publics screwed up views

[/QUOTE]I agree that it is pet people and "greasy punks" lmao (my little brother would fight you over those words, lol) and thugs who think it's cool to have a mean dog. Those people should be culled in my opinion, but the attitude of it's okay to plactice barbaric acts with these dogs doesn't help things.[/QUOTE]
    That would be a very bad mistake. And I am all for culling people

[/QUOTE]Euthanizing a human aggressive pit bull is absolutely the right thing to do. I've done it myself with a past foster. Now culling a dog because your set-up failed and the dog didn't kill another dog is a stupid reason to have the dog "meet the other end of a barrel". You take on the responsibility of your dogs, you don't just throw them away when they dissapoint you in some way.[/QUOTE]
    You missed the boat there. There is way more to culling than you think. failure and killing another dog isn't the same. Killing another dog isn't in the equation. some one mislead you. Not saying some didn't get a cork off seeing such but not in general at all.

[/QUOTE]"Why I bet Old Timer has allot of compassion. Remorse is for some one that did something wrong and he never did. Cheating on a spouse is wrong."[/QUOTE]
    That is your perception. I don't agree with it

[/QUOTE]Wow.....here is where you will never get me to change my mind. I can be open-minded on alot of things, but to say he has done nothing wrong is ludicrous. To me, God has a special place in hell for people that abuse animals, and to me that's exactly what rolling, fighting your dogs is.[/QUOTE]
    God has a even more special place for those that judge when they have not yet been judged themselves. I may be setting next to you if we continue. We have reached the limitations of my tollerance. There are many more important issues that get slipped by than some thing about a damn animal. Human crimes against humans are far more pressing than animals.

7. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

I don't understand. No one is putting animals before children here. I'm sure some people have crazy priorities, but this is a dog discussion. Why is someone's priorities wrong just because they find something done to an animal cruel? No one on this thread is implying children don't come first...

Attila, I don't know why you are calling her a liberal! Just because she doesn't like the concept of fighting. People stick their noses in other's dog business all the time. For goodness sakes, everyone wants to cull the BYB's and what business is it of anyone's to do that? I know it's wrong, but am I a liberal for wanting to stick my nose in the peddlers business? Am I a supreme dictator now?

Yeah, there are plenty of other issues in the world, but this is a dog forum. I'm not understanding what's going on here.

Actually... I think Attila needs a nap.

8. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Attila: Good post.

Riptora: I think the point that is trying to be made (at least the point I was trying to make anyway) is why cry about letting a dog do what it was created to do when there are much more pressing problems out there?

I mean really. Right now a child somewhere out there is being molested, yet Jamie wants to worry about if Old Timer feels remorse for what he did w/ his dogs??

This reminds me of the chapter in the Bible when Christ rebukes the Pharisees for straining out a gnat, yet swallowing a camel.

If I were to place concern on something, I'd place my concern on issues more pressing, not on harassing ppl for cherishing the heritage of the American gamedog.

And I think we all could use a nap! lol. ;)

9. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

I'm just saying the concept of this kind of working of animals is probably new to her, was brought up, in DETAIL, and she reacted with her feelings, about the topic AT HAND, and now she's being told she's a liberal/humaniac with messed up priorities. Why talk about anything you feel ill feelings towards? There's ALWAYS something else worse. If I said I like 'stomp videos', you'de take offense, and then I could just tell you to shut your trap because children are being molested. I'm not entirely dissagreeing with you, I just don't understand why she is being attacked for disagreeing with what most find is or is not humane to these dogs. I also don't know why I'm waisting my time defending her when some child is being molested (that was a little wise-a$$) but you get my jist? Try explaining WHY you feel it's not cruel instead of degrading her. I think the terms humaniac, liberal, PETA supporter, etc. are being thrown around too much. How is anyone going to reach people with an attitude like that? I'll stick a label on you, and call you a lost cause? and just converse with those who agree with me?

I'm very concerned about these dogs being wiped out by officials. What are you guys going to say to defend yourselves? You're a humaniac freak, and I don't find it cruel, there are other things to worry about anyways? Because that's not working.

10. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

At least she is learning. The last paragraph of her post was a bit much, but worst has been posted here.

11. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Riptora,

I believe the relevence in speaking of a child having their brains sucked out is a good one. And this is why:

The same folks who see a dog roll as "evil beyond measure" are the same folks who say, "hey, every woman should have the right to have their unborn babies brains sucked out and the body thrown into a trash can". It is backwards, and screwed up.

Also, I would like to interject this point, early 1900's - say, 1960's, the apbt were America's dog. Especially in the 30's, 40's and 50's. They were the american family dog. So it isnt necessarily the pet homes that have diminished the breed. It is an irresponsible society, who refuses to accept blame where it belongs, refuses to punish those at fault, and chooses to allow the minority of the country to make the rules. We are also a media society, full of propoganda. As such, those with the $$ "create" facts, and when these lies are seen, spoken and heard enough, they become reallity for many. Also, because the bulldogs in particular, are misjudged, demonized, and flat out lied about, the irresponsible, wanta be gangsta's(white, black or yellow), drug dealer wanna be's have a drawing to them. When this began to grow, these wana be's bred them, which in turn because they knew nothing of how these dogs are supposed to be, down bred them into a mass market of ha, dumb, shells of what they should have been in the first place.

Dog fighting has nothing to do with their rep, or their trouble.
    Pet homes have nothing to do with their rep, or their trouble.

It is the #$%$# punks that have them for all the wrong reasons, making them mean and aggressive, uncontrollably I may add, and the ones who think they are labs!

I could go on and on, but I will stop.

And yes it is near bouts impossible to find someone responsible enough to be a good pet home, but there are some out there.

Also, I meet them allot, there are those who are simply misinformed. I have found some of them, that when taken in and discipled, end up doing a fine job!

12. Attila

Attila Guest

Attila needs to go fire some rifles into something. have not slept in two days. Is she a liberal or not? You two friends? Liberals need to figure out what the problem is that they are trying to solve. Dogs is the forum. you bet. Attack my kind and I strike back. Don't get pissy with me little lady. She lead into the attack on a dogman, I loaded the gun and fired back. You loaded yours and fired you don't understand what is going on here. Yes you do, it is a battle. and lines are being drawn. You want me to tell you how to raise your dogs? I can if you wish. I know you don't want me to. So it is fair that liberals stay out of ours as well. Unless liberals want us to be in their shit as well.
    Attila has not slept in two days. Attila doesn't like an attack on a old man who is a friend. Attila is in a foul mood right now. Stinky poo on the shoe.

I am as far to the right as one can get. Nothing said will be understood by the other and every thing said will be a subject for aiming venom at. I admit I don't care for the liberal point of view

13. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Riptora: People here have tried to civilly explain it to her - more than once if I recall correctly. And if she doesn't get it, fine. She doesn't have to get it or agree w/ us. She has that right to be ignorant & she has the right to disagree.

But pushing her point & questioning ppl's integrity while doing so isn't going to win her any popularity points here. I think the folks here have ben exceedingly patient w/ Jamie, much more so that they have been w/ other ppl. But eventually we are going to get a little tired of having to explain ourselves over & over again. They'll also tire of being attacked by someone who knows little to nothing about the subject which they are attacking.

That appears to me what is happening here.

14. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Deer chili? I got a big mess of that right now!!LOL I also like to soak deer steak in italian dressing and grill it! Sweedish meatballs with venison, Venison stroganoff, I can keep on a goin, but I will stop. Well, maby one more, venison honey roast!LOL

I could eat the stuff every day and not get tired of it! Take the tenderloin and smash it, fry it w/garlic salt and pepper, and that's good., bread and fry the steak, and then simmer it in some good milk gravy, Oh yea!

ANd for fish, I got a pond out front. NO need to freeze!HA HA fresh fish is the best!

15. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

You're making me hungry. lol.

16. Attila

Attila Guest

We were talking about cruel not molestation. Culling too. the abortion part fits right in there don't twist this around. Make light of what I am saying eh? A lable is what you put to me the other day in your attack on my nature. Your dang right I keep a list of things I am for and against. They grow but never shrink. At least in a cull there is a reason other than we don't want it or it cramps our lifestyle. I was tollerant long enough. Did my part to stay civil. When it comes down to it and the venom hits I strike too. I believe when in battle you fight back not stand there and let it take place. Passive is bull shit. I would rather engage in mortal combat than to let one strike me. You dodge and beat around the bush and expect me to just stand and look stupid. Hell no I am putting on the armor and grabbing my favorite weapons for battle. Be glad it isn't physical battle. Someone would be sweeping up parts by now. Liberals say what they want then cry when they get the same in return. Blah. Call me a cave man, a conservative if you will it sounds like good music to my ears. But even liberal sounds like a cuss word to a liberal it seems to be.

17. Attila

Attila Guest

Hell toss that sucker on the grill flip it put it on the plate and I wil eat it. I like my steak extra rare. kill it knock its horns off and toss it on the plate with some tobasco sauce and hot peppers and I am eating.

18. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Yeah, I never did understand liberals. Kill babies but save animals? What is that all about??

Never mind, I was just questioning out loud.

19. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Man dont you know you gota wipe their rear end also!?! I am assuming you dont like THAT special sauce!!LOL

20. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

well i am going to try and anwser your questions as best i can.and you can take them for what they are worth.but i am telling you now i am not getting into a debate with you i am replying once and we are leaving it alone.the last time i rolled a dog was in 1971,the last match i was involved with was in 1974.well before any time the people who think dogs have the same rights if not more than animals stuck their nose in my friends and my buisness and started denying our animals the right to do what they love to do,wich in turn has made them miserable.they long for the joy of the fight and doing what they love to do.just like we have the urge to eat,drink,and sleep they have the urge and desire to scrap with their own kind.i never subjected my animals to anything,i never forced them to fight i never mistreated them or did any of the things the SPCA freaks have made you belive happen to dogs that are going to be in a match.hell i doubt you even know what a real match is.with rules regulations weigh in's months of hard work and conditioning.you only know what you have been told and have not even bothered to look into it deepr to discover the truth,wich in my opinion makes you a lazy idiot that does what your told to do,good little robot <LABEL for=rb_iconid_10>[​IMG]</LABEL>.and as for your other question if you know anything about these dogs you know that if they even fart it could attribute to their demise and thats all thank to the SPCA group.wich truely ''care'' about our dogs,and by care i mean live their every waking hour firguring ways to try and put as as owners behind bars and kill our dogs.yeah they sound real caring to me.and for your next question i have no remorse because i did nothing wrong as was already stated.if allowing a dog to do what they love to do and feel in their bones then send me to the gallows.your question should not be why am i glorified for the acomplishments that my animals attained my years and years of dedication to this breed.but your question should be why is my cause so glorified and respected why is it that killing thousands of innocent good dogs just because they are pitbulls so respected,why is puuting innocent men who did nothing wrong in jail while letting child predators roam the streets to prey and innocent children so respected.why is dirty underhanded backstabbing tactics so revered.and thats my question for you why?and to anwser your last question to cull a dog means to kill it,eliminate it from your breeding program and for your informatin i just had to cull a dog this morning.so gasp and figure i am a heathen all you want it don't bother me none.like i said your a good little robot that does what your told,who does not have a mind of your own.the best advice i could give you is try a diffrent breed,you say you love bulldogs but you hate their history and the people like myself who made these fine animals what the true ones are today.if you hate the history then you hate the breed you own.but then again i guess it might be better if you owned a fish since every dog has had some sort of function in it's past.weather it was killing rats,attacking intruders,hunting wild game or retriveing dead or wounded game.and you don't belive in such ''cruelty'' so i guess your not cut out to own any type dog let alone a bulldog <LABEL for=rb_iconid_12>[​IMG]</LABEL>

1 person likes this.