1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ruined??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by ABK, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Attila

Attila Guest

I just want to be able to understand it. Capital, lower fonts or bold. I just want to be able to read it and not have to guess what words typed mean. Like prolly I still don't know what the shit that is.

2. Marty

Marty Guest

I could be wrong but I think Shon has it set up so when you type in all caps only the first letter remains in caps, Did that make sense ;)

3. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

that's a nice feature, marty. it's harder on my eyes to read all caps as opposed to all lower case characters or every word capitalized.

4. simms

simms CH Dog

You have made your agenda clear.

5. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Had to cull one about 30 minutes ago. As to stop breeding and take the shelter dogs, I wouldnt do that. You dont know the line the dogs are, and most of them are probably currs. If the breeding for good dogs stopped as suggested, then all that would be left would be curr 120# mutts. I say, kill all of them in the streets, and in the shelters, put them out of their misery, and cull every curr, no matter the color, and bring the population down low, might as well go on a spree and kill every mutt you see also, then be very selective as to who gets a bulldog. Breed only winners to winners, and if this breeding dont work, try another dame/sir, if nothing produces out of that, cull it.

Bobby Rooster likes this.
  6. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

Jamie, I haven't read this whole thread so if someone already enplaned this to you like this then I'm sorry for the repeat, but this is what I think. Lets change breeds for a sec. ok. Lets say we breed CoonHounds. CoonHounds are breed to hunt/track and find Coons thats their drive, Now lets say you live in CA. and Hunting was Outlawed Only in CA. 30 years went by, in 30 years time ppl stopped breeding CoonHounds for that drive to hunt and find Coons because they couldn't test the CoonHounds if they would or wouldn't find a Coon. Are those "CoonHounds" still CoonHounds if what makes a CoonHound the ability to find/hunt Coons? No because in 30 years the dogs were not breed to hunt and tested to find Coons and the CA CoonHound lost a very important feature of what makes a CoonHound a CoonHound, Thats why it is SO important to preserve. People want to charge breeds for some reason I don't know why, But IMO Preservation is so much better, because then you stay true to the breed, the original breed for why it was created your dog is whole and true. And we MUST preserve what we have NOW or it will be lost FOREVER!

7. I am sorry for the delay in replying. I have been caught up in the holiday hussle at work.

I was trying to draw the line between the creation of dog (purpose), development of same into "entertainment" and purpose types, and our debateable topic here.

I do not know if you realize that your house dogs are there for YOUR entertainment. Should I look down on you for using dogs as you deem entertaining? Well, this is exactly what you are doing to others. In addition, while the beautiful sport of dog matching serves as immediate entertainment, it serves a much higher PURPOSE. Like previously stated, dog matching in its purest form is meant to gauge the breeding program in all pertinent aspects.

The reason many people choose to NOT re-home a game bred dud is because even our breed's duds are potentially very dangerous to animal life. The practice of culling is very subjective. For example, the best bulldog in a yard may be quickly culled in another dogman/woman's yard. I do not know if you are following my thoughts.

The fact that our game-breds are created with the purpose of never giving up can become potentially dangerous for man and animal, if not in the right hands. That is why many choose to seldom re-home a cull.

Oh, almost forgot to reply to this....There is no such thing as ORIGINAL purpose. There IS an unchanging standard in all breeds. Our standard is not to be "changed". What is the purpose of your dogs?

On your first point, yes I certainly see the beauty in an equally matched contest between willing, able, and expert combatants. I LOVE MMA for the same reasons. In contrast, most humans can only appreciate the KO punchers/sluggers because that is MOST obvious. Take UFC vs PRIDE fans as an example. UFC fans are the worst type of people when they boo combatants in the ring. These individuals boo because of their lack of understanding of what is going on in the combatants mind and what they are attempting to "setup". This is why TV commentators help their audiences get a better feeling on what is happening than live audience. Now compare that to PRIDE fans. They are very respectful and will clap as much as UFC boo when watching some REAL technique (not just punches in bunches) being worked on ground.

In dog matching all of this is the same. While the means are different than human combating sports, end result is the same. One mind and body overcomes another mind and body. The beauty in the sport does not reside in the blood and possible injury. The beauty in the sport is the technique and resolution shown while in contest.

On your second point, you may as well call it humanizing. The fact is that HUMANS are on top of the food chain (sort of speak). Thus, I used US as the standard to gauge everything else. In other words, if it is acceptable enough for us to do, it should be no less acceptable that lower life forms perform in the same.

We as humans have been modifying animals for hundreds (if not thousands) of years. It is the nature of man to modify everything around us to our preference. Clearly, human preferences are like color spectrum. You can find extreme preferences everywhere. Our breed's creators had preferences which are continuously refine in the same direction. My previous sentence holds true for any true-to-form breeder of EVERY breed.

Your concern that dogs may be hurt and/or killed is respectable. I too would be concern if practicing this sport in a legal environment. Actually, all respectable dogmen should be concern AND prepared in that event (under a legal environment of course :D ). This is why proper medical supplies and expertise in same is as important as anything else in the sport of dog matching. Let us consider high-rising (?) construction workers. Have you ever seen picture of them in the early 1900's? Being so high up, standing/walking on narrow metals while working. I certainly believe that job has a high possibility of injury AND death. Did they make it illegal to work construction under those conditions?

Oh on your last point, yes, I have involved myself in boxing, Jujitsu, kickboxing, and wrestling. I certainly enjoyed myself while having the time to train and practice them. Regretfully, the city hussle makes it impossible for me to be involved in them.

Yes some type Chinese fish (black color) do fight each other. That is why you have to keep them individually in separate bowls. lol but true. I know nothing about cockfighting.....lmao!

continued below......<!-- / message -->

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2007
  8. Continued from above post.....

You are changing my words.....are you my wife in disguise? lmao! I did not reference "rescue" group. I am talking about the animal organizations which discriminate by profiling dogs as "vicious" due to their birth breed. I have always believe that those people that can easily discriminate against "pit bull" types could have been the racists/bigots of yesteryear. I have all due respect for the very, very few "rescue" organizations who active intend on saving our breed from death do to ignorance.

9. Attila

Attila Guest

How is that dog doing ABK

10. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Her lower lip is still a bit ugly looking, but otherwise she is doing OK, running around, eating better & gaining weight. I haven't let her near other dogs since the 1st time I took her out.

11. Attila

Attila Guest

glad she is doing ok

keep me posted

12. lovebeingme

lovebeingme Big Dog

I can't believe this is still going on, I stopped posting because I felt I was just repeating myself over and over, but feel the need to type again. (go figure)

The shelters and pounds are full of unwanted animals for MANY reasons, not just because a breeder didn't cull. The problem has very many ins and outs and variables.

Btw, I own breaksticks, once for each room of my house in fact.

The key to your last sentence is "back when". I understand it was done that way back then, but continuing to breed the most dog aggressive dogs in this day and age, IMO, is a bad idea.

Jaime

13. lovebeingme

lovebeingme Big Dog

Wow, thanks so much for clearing up all your gibberish.:rolleyes:

catcher T likes this.
  14. lovebeingme

lovebeingme Big Dog

Ya think? :p

15. lovebeingme

lovebeingme Big Dog

OH
    MY
    GOD

That is possibly one of the most horrible things I've ever read.

16. lovebeingme

lovebeingme Big Dog

HEY!

What do you think you are doing going back to the original topic?

Shame on you! :p

17. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

Then you aint seen my devorice decree. Yis J

18. LOVEBEINGME, all I got to say is:

:( :( sniff, sniff (tearing)

19. lovebeingme

lovebeingme Big Dog

What is that supposed to mean?

20. who said they were breeding the most dog agressive dogs? there's a difference between DA and gameness. a big difference. IMO it's a bad idea for you to keep commenting on stuff you know nothing about.