1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ruined??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by ABK, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

I'm so sorry! I hope she is OK soon

2. lovebeingme

lovebeingme Big Dog

So caring about the dogs well being is being a sissy? Well then, I proclaim. I AM A SISSY! :)

"a pit bull was breed to have aggression and will display it,,,as far as dogs being rolled,, if it's not urs then mind your business"

You are missing the point. It's no longer about minding your business, what we all do as owners of APBT's is in the spotlight. In this day and age we need to show that our dogs have a place in today's society. If we do not, it is certain death for our dogs.

" ,,, and culled,,, you cull dogs to keep them out of idiots hands and it keeps the attention off what your doing... it's okay for the state to kill dogs but god forbid you cull one,,,,"

Keeps the attention off what you are doing huh? Nice. You might as well just spell it out at this point what exactly it is you are doing. Isn't to cull a dog and kill a dog the same thing? You, obviously, wanting to keep dogs out of idiot's hands are not altering and adopting them out, so what exactly are you doing with the dogs? Culling, killing....come on.

Jaime

3. lovebeingme

lovebeingme Big Dog

This comment makes me kinda like you guys! Stop it! lol :p

Jaime

4. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Cull simply means to remove from the breeding program. It is up to the breeder to determine by which method a dog will be culled. Some choose to alter and adopt out their culls, some don't. It's their decision. A cull can be a cull for many different reasons. Some like to give a dog a chance to excel at something else, and others do not like to leave their messes out in the open. But by keeping your circle of dogs tight and by choosing to NOT place your culls, you are keeping your dogs out of the public's eye and the "spotlight".

While I agree that we do need more ambassadors for the breed, we need to go about it the right way. Minding one's business is good advice, no matter what you are discussing.

-GSD

ghost 1 likes this.
  5. lovebeingme

lovebeingme Big Dog

In my experiences I have never had a problem with the vets. I have brought in my resident female and the foster that effed her up and there were no questions about organized dog fighting. They were very compassionate about what had happened and never questioned whether or not it was an accident. Maybe I'm lucky, but even my regular vet is very understanding of my dogs and what they are capable of. In fact, when I brought in my Boston Terrier to get his rabies vaccine, they asked if the reason I was bring him in was because he bit someone....lol... he's a 20 pound little weakling.

When we brought in our 70 pound male to get his rabies they said he looked to be very well taken care of but to clean his teeth.

This is in an area where pits are banned (not where I live, but where the vets office is)...they have always been wonderful.

I'm so sorry that some of you have bad experiences with the vets in your area, I wish you better luck. Maybe you should call around and ask questions.

Jaime

6. yeah being opinionated won't get ya hated here. it might get ya alot of arguments....lol but not hate. now become a byb and we'll hate ya more than you know...lmao;):p:D

7. lovebeingme

lovebeingme Big Dog

Wow, I never thought that's what my screen name would be interpreted as. Sorry for the inadvertant confusion.

It's really just saying love being me......

I can totally see how love bein game would totally contradict my posts! :)

Jaime

8. Suki

Suki Guest

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by catcher T
    No-one hates you,,I think its a great thread,,I agree with Marty,,stick around
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>This comment makes me kinda like you guys! Stop it! lol :p

Jaime

i agree: stick around
    we'll grow on yah! ;) ...

:)

9. lovebeingme

lovebeingme Big Dog

Are you purposely misspelling my name? Sheesh! It's very simple J-A-I-M-E. lmao.

As far as the "what" in my post, it was meant as " what the heck are you even typing about?" You were making no sense to me.

"Yes you can say WHAT because God does not lie and early enough you(and all humans on earth) will notice what I mean."

AGAIN, please go into further detail about what you are talking about. This comment does not explain your last posts, in fact, it makes less sense. (Does anyone else know? please..lol)

"Jamaine Europe and America are not the whole world."

Yeah, I finished the 3rd grade, I am aware of this.

"You have to wake up and see that Bulldogs are all over the world now.."

I am aware of this also, but thanks for the heads up.

"Asia,Arabia and so on....and be sure in china russia or the philipines or japan they are breed for what they were ever breed for. This dogs are humanfriendly,talentet in many aspekts, good big-game hunter and they are the best pound for pound fighter world -wide."

So?

"How many matches did you see in wich a dogman was sad because he lost his money? None because dogmatches are illegal right? Then please be not unfair to dogman since maybe some illegal people know it better and they talk(tip) not half as much about the subject than you. And to the whole in the fence.....I think you know my point now. Dont talk to much about freewill. Better free -willi sometimes..."

Okay, I have read this last "paragraph" numerous times and I cannot wrap my head around what in the hell this guy is trying to say.

From what I can tell thus far.....dogmen aren't sad about losing money since I've never seen one, since it's illegal.

I shouldn't be unfair to dogmen since talking about illegal activities would admit guilt to such activities?

They know alot more about the subject than me, because they perform illegal activities so I should somehow not pass judgement.

The "whole" in the fence, I should somehow now magically understand what his original post meant???? What in this latest post explains what he meant in his original post? I'm sorry, but this is ludicrous. How is any reasonable person supposed to derive a message from this guy. I am not trying to insult, but come on! Will someone please step in and de-code his words, because I am for a loss.

Jaime

10. lovebeingme

lovebeingme Big Dog

Sorry I misunderstood about the humans fighting, I guess I just read it wrong.

I really do not have the energy to argue about the horses just yet, give me a few days and then we'll talk. :D

11. lovebeingme

lovebeingme Big Dog

Thanks for chiming in on this thread, I appreciate it.

To me, there are so many problems facing the breed, that breeders are ALSO the problem. I see no good reason to be breeding these dogs at this time. There are too many dieing in shelters to justify continual breeding.

Maybe once the urgent situation has passed, then and only then, do we bring breeding programs back into play. Too many dogs are dieing, whether by the hands of shelters, irresponsible BYB's or breeding programs that cull dogs. Either way you look at it dogs are being put to death. That is not okay with me. Period.

Jaime

12. lovebeingme

lovebeingme Big Dog

Sorry for thinking your statement was directed at me. I should know that the world does not revolve around me. I just felt like since I was getting heat, you used German to insult without me knowing. Again, I apologize. :)

Carry on...

Jaime

13. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Culling a dog because it is not up to par and euthanizing a dog because it ended up in the shelter are two very different things. Culling hard and keeping your circle tight prevents the latter from ocurring. Regardless of whether or not there are enough homes, these dogs (Meaning dogs bred to work) should not be placed in the average pet home. Our problems began when it was easy for Joe Schome to aquire a bulldog.

While I agree that breeding programs that are actively selling dogs to the public should cease, strong programs that are keeping the dogs true-to-type and in the breeder's own yard are not harming the breed.

14. Attila

Attila Guest

tis ok. no worries. I got a good laugh about it. And that is exactly what I was thinking when you thought I was talking about you. "all about me" lol too funny. that tickles the shit out of me.

15. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

until you see the full circle of life,, you won't understand,,, i'de rather cull a dog than have to worry with it later because it was not being cared for or caused a accidents,,,jaime i mean no disrespet but the reason shelters and pounds are full now is because someone wasn't man enough to do the job that should have been done in the first place,,,, do we not agree on that at least,,,but it's okay for all these animal finantics to cry fowl at the site of a break stick,,, which are really need if you have more that one,,, what exactly made this breed what it is ,, is the traits that was breed into it to have dog agression,,, if it wasn't for these breeding practice way back when,,,, we would have these great dogs we have

16. I know about a book in wich you can see past and future. It tells about things and signs and it is a very interesting read. The name of that Book is bible. You should read it. Ok the willi thing was just a joke ....didnt know that you never saw a willy in your life...lol...just forged it. I can see you understand enough from what I wrote. Dont judge people you dont know...dont judge things you have no clue from. I wish you luck with your dogs.

17. lonesharkpits

lonesharkpits Big Dog

NO, i think you are focusing on the wrong subject. If you can't safely keep dogs how can you expect to ever accomplish anything, whatever it may be, with them. A yard accident tells you exactly Jack Schitt about a dog, so why wouldn't you first want to figure out how to avoid accidents. You can't do anything with dead dogs.

18. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Man, I miss a few days & look what happens!

Jaime: No one here hates you & if anyone here - to include Attila - were going to insult you, trust me, it would be to your face & it would be in English. We're a brutally honest crowd here & no one will hide anything.

And not all ppl enjoy watching dogs fight. Sure there are some sick minded ppl who do, but most fight dogs as a form of competion, not enjoyment.

And I agree w/ Simms - if someone is rolling a dog, so long as it's not yours & the dog is not being treated cruelly (i.e. forced or not given aftercare) mind your own bee's wax. It is ppl sticking their noses where it doesn't belong that got us in the mess we're in now.

And once again culling does not always = killing. To some it does, to others it does not.

As for breeders, some breed to preserve bloodlines. If some were to wait until the current crisis has passed many good bloodlines would be lost. So breeding has to continue on a certain scale.

And don't worry about Free Willy. I have never seen it either. :D

MoETTA: I doctor my dogs at the house if I can. I have already had one vet threaten to call the humane society on me once over a yard accident & I am NOT going to let those deluded fanatics take my babies & put them down if I can help it!!!

As for leadership, that is all well & good. I train my dogs as well, but I also recognize what they are (game bred) & I do not try to fit a square peg into a round hole.

14rock: Thank you. What you say is very true. Some vets are not understanding of a yard accident & automatically think every bulldog they see scapped up is a fighting dog. If you take your dog to the wrong vet at the wrong time you may find yourself in jail & your dogs dead. So which is better? All your dogs euthed or a little home care? I say the latter!

Loneshark: I don't know you well enough to air out my business to you. So I'll let it suffice to say you know little to nothing about me & your criticism is making you look foolish. I respectfully ask that until you know that on which you are commenting please keep your analysis to yourself.

OK, I think that covered it ... lol ...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2007
  19. lonesharkpits

lonesharkpits Big Dog

All I'm Saying Is That If You Hadn't Had This Accident You Wouldn't Have All These Unaswered Questions About Your Dog - Do You Not Think It Would Be A Good Idea To Fix The Root Of Them Problem

20. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

*off topic*

^^ another odd typing style of every word capitalized...is it just me, or are others seeing more and more of this as of late?

(i'm just poking fun, not tryin to piss anyone off)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2007