1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

rocky biter blk biter

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Colossal, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Colossal

Colossal Pup

Hey just wondering is anyone using this line(Boudreaux Rocky biter or black biter) have used or will use if so why and what are the pros and cons or is this strain trash in many dogmen eyes

2. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

Its more than likely the ones talking down on this blood don't run it. I know very few with it but they like it a whole lot.

3. skipper

skipper Big Dog

had a couple, dont have them any more.

4. JC-Pitbulls

JC-Pitbulls Top Dog

I had one and liked her, my buddy has a few and he likes them. They tend to cross well with jeep or rascal dogs

5. vellie

vellie Big Dog

6. Colossal

Colossal Pup

all ppl I ever talked to stated that they run on the catch-weight side so is this true or are there some pure that fall below catch weight

7. vellie

vellie Big Dog

we did one with some sonny boy that come in about 35 and then there is one that came in 60.it's just like the old b/c blood in one liter you may get the pick at 55 and the runt at 25,but when breed to be thereself(meaning not trying to put gas into)they are very good dogs.i like a dog with fast pace that will not loss the leed and has the roughness to stop his foe in a short time.hope this helps.

8. vellie

vellie Big Dog

i tell you this,i have been after this blood since the owners of black bitter lived in albany,la.there was a breeding done to his littermate sister.the female was stolen and the people moved.then white oak got some of ther old stock and started producing there line of eli dog.i've talked to mrs lenz alot.they are good people with good dogs.DO YOU HAVE A SIZE OF DOG YOU WANT?MY JACK DOG THROW SOME LIL ONE,BUT I DID THIS CROSS TO PUT SOME SIZE INTO THEM LOOK AT MARSHALL BRICKHOUSE AT AGE SIX MONTHS.TELL ME WANT YOU THINK.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2010
  9. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

in your own words, what does catch weight mean to you?

10. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

All the folks I talked to said their RB dogs tended to be larger (about 60 lbs c.w.).

I also talked to several folks who said their RB dogs were HA. I talked to one fellow who bragged his heavy bred RB dog would go ape crazy aggro at the sight of a kid & if any kids tried to walk past his house, the dog would try to jump his fence to attack them. And he was proud of this. :rolleyes:

I also had a guy try to sell me an inbred RB young adult male for $500. I passed b/c I figured something was wrong with the dog. Knowing WOB, I know he paid much more than $500 for the dog & for some reason he seemed real anxious to get rid of it. The whole situation was too sketchy. Plus, the dog was bigger than I liked (60 lbs) so I passed.

But on the other flip side of the coin I have heard of folks who love their RB bred dogs. Just like anything, there is good & bad in any line.

I have found in my person experience that most part the dog persons I spoke to didn't look upon WOB or their dogs favorably. However, I have known Mrs. Lenz for a while & she seems like a very nice person who has some well bred dogs.

Hope this helps.

Blessings ...

11. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Ive only known one whiteoakbiter dog and he was a wob/streetsweeper/jeep cross.
    That summumabitch was for real.He is the only wob dog I personaly know and he was a cross so???????

12. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Now I have heard good things about WOB crosses. WOB dogs seem to cross well with most other lines.

And the Lenz' themselves are super nice folks. In fact, I myself was going to buy a WOB dog at one time. I was doing my homework before buying though & talked to people who got dogs from WOB as well as several reputable dog men who knew them &/or their dogs & didn't like what I heard. :(

As of late however, I have been seeing some good things concerning WOB dogs, BUT ... I have heard that WOB has been known to "hang" titles on dogs. So who knows.

I guess one would have to do their own homework & research & see what comes up for them. i heard the best person to ask about WOB if you want to know the real deal is FB himself.

Blessings ...

13. Colossal

Colossal Pup

catch weight to me mean 50+ I know from history that some old timers actually set lbs over 50lbs pre 1976 of course but over 50 in catchweight to me and as far as what I would be looking for @ vellie I want anything I have 30-45 if I can help it but the reason I started this post is bc I talked to a "peddler" more or less who claim his male was double inbred on these lines and it that Jack dog you speak of off the morgans stock

14. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

Everybody steers clear of the WOB dogs around here,including myself.

15. vellie

vellie Big Dog

here is jack ped
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=299737 i also own to mims female.i saw your other post.i'll put my thought up.

16. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I know WOB has a dog they call Cowboy Jack. Here's the ped on him:

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [9268] :: BOUDREAUX' COWBOY JACK

He, of course is a son of Jack II who goes back to the Morgan blood. I heard some good things about this dog & was once told if I was to get anything from WOB make sure it was off CB Jack. But they have aquired a lot of other nice studs since then.

Blessings ...

17. drunkmuppet

drunkmuppet Big Dog

why is that?

18. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

This is what I was told: That they're peddlers making money off another man's name & reputation (Mr. Boudreaux), that they're selling untested, overpriced stock & that you could get a pup or dog just as good (if not better) for a lower price right from the source (FB).

That's just what I heard told from many sources. I was also told if you want to get a serious dog man's opinion of them, feel free to go to Mr. B.

Hope this answers your question.

Blessings ...

19. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

and they quit on top oh did i just say that? wob is a joke and anyone who has seen their stock with their own two eyes would agree.
    j

20. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

Not everyone! As far as catch weight goes, it would take an old timer to explain better than me, but catch weight does not mean a dog who is just simply big.