1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

RI: 15 dogs rescued from woods

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Vicki, Dec 28, 2010.

1. mikem

mikem Pup

My name is mike mason I know cliff and his dogs , I live 25 min from him and let me tell you they have dragged this man through the mudd , all the dogs had dog houses stuffed full of straw , all get fed purina 1 everyday , u see there's more to this story than meets the eye , the property is located next to a hospital and for years they have been trying to get this peice of farm land but cliff won't sell so they resort to dirtty tactics like this , just like in movies where they try to push people off their farm. so cmon people wake up pick up arms and stop letting this shit happen to us. Not to mention these dogs are being held without charge . All the dogs were well taken care of and happy as pie . This man and his dogs are truly the victims here .

2. draoi

draoi Pup

I have to disagree with a lot of the sentiment here, which probably won't win me any points as a new poster. That being said, there are a number of things going on here that point to him being a "shady" breeder at the very least:

1) He did not have a permit as is required in order to possess more than 3 dogs in the city of Warwick. So yes, he did break the law. Or at the very least, a city ordinance.

2) There are conflicting reports, but some news outlets have indicated that while some of the dogs had shelter, not all of them did. All sources agree that there was no food or water for the dogs. With the snow, it was easy to tell that no one had been to check on the dogs for at least a day.

3) In the past, the police have responded to Dennis' house on reports that he had too many dogs, and he was cited for lack of care and not vaccinating his dogs. If he was a reputable breeder, he would do everything he could to make sure his dogs are healthy, and vaccinations are a basic part of that.

4) Each dog was tethered to the ground by a six-foot tow chain weighing 25 pounds. While I'm sure it's nice to know that the dogs wouldn't get loose from such a heavy chain, it seems quite excessive.

5) Dennis does not own the Tollgate property but is allowed access, the police said. So he is not even running this theoretical dog breeding business on his own property, but rather on property he is allowed access to for non-related business purposes (cutting trees into firewood, apparently).

All this adds up. This man is not a reputable breeder. He probably isn't training fighting dogs or attack dogs or anything, no. But he certainly didn't follow the necessary steps to ensure that he was running a legitimate business. He certainly was not taking care of the dogs the way he should have (no food/water for at least a day, huge chains, a history of no vaccinations, and debatable shelter in blizzard conditions).

This may not meet muster for a cruelty charge, but in no way is this a blameless man whose dogs were "stolen" from him.

If he had the permit for the dogs, they had food/water, and there wasn't the history of lack of care, then I'd probably say that the police went too far in seizing the animals. Assuming the shelter was OK - if there were doghouses with hay, the dogs probably would have been all right, assuming that there was enough to fit them all and they all could reach them. Like I said, there are some conflicting reports about that.

3. mikem

mikem Pup

hey draoi u stupid ass its a farm , u can have as many dogs as u want on a farm , 3 dogs pertains to residential areas not a secluded farm , these dogs are bred very nicely i might add.

4. mikem

mikem Pup

he would have got a permit but thats all bullshit because even though hes in the best spot to get a permit the town wont give one , your all being sued for libel too for what was said in the projo, hes retained an attorney, u guys thought he was this poor backwoods hump who couldnt fight back but ur wrong , and obviously ur involved in this theft because u know more than what was printed in the paper. those are all show dogs 20 yrs worth of work and u think ur gonna just take it , and tell ann we all know shes a dyke

5. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

Thats is what I thought. He used to be a member here. And he had ADBA conformation champions.

This is a perfect reason why you HAVE to know all your city ordiences and regulations. You can not give anyone a reason to come and take your dogs. I do not know the facts of this case. But please know your local laws. Because they will try and find every loophole and BS one to get you on.

Now as far as food. We feed our dogs once a day. And they eat it right away. So at any point during the day someone can come and see there is no food. Ask any Veterinarian they do not recommend free feeding. Shit shelters do not leave food with the dogs 24/7. So the no food arguement is BS.

6. MCS

MCS CH Dog

And the 6 foot 25 pound chain is hearsay, who really measured it? It is what some fat ass doughnut eating cop said to make headlines - SENSATIONALISM. And as far as Vaccines, you don't need a vet for most, just because he does it himself doesn't make him a monster. Bottom line this story is just that a story, nothing of fact, just one persons take on people trying make a story and cover their ass. My biggest problems are how can they take the dogs with no charges filed, and what are going to happen to the dogs? Death? returned to the owner with a big ass fee to pay for housing them and finding nothing wrong??

7. garywhite

garywhite Pup

god bless you doll thanks from me and the dogs since they cant thank you I will thanks agian.god really loves that.

8. garywhite

garywhite Pup

if you needmy help ever im hear for you .i live in canada though.

9. draoi

draoi Pup

First off, thank you for the insult, Mike. I'm glad to know that you're articulate and well reasoned in your arguments. I won't bother to respond to your post otherwise.

As to the above quote, the reason for the food argument is that there were absolutely no tracks leading to the dogs. It had been snowing for well over 24 hours at the point where the dogs were taken. Unless the food were airdropped, no one had been to see those dogs in at least a full day. Now, could the police and shelter workers be lying? Sure, theoretically. But assuming what they say is true, I don't think the blame lies with the authorities.

10. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

all that snow couldn't have covered up the tracks? Did the dogs show any signs of malnourishment or dehydration that showed they weren't being fed and watered regularly?

11. draoi

draoi Pup

No, actually, it couldn't have. The snow was quite deep before hand. Tracks in snow can fade, sure. Tracks in snow where it's coming up your shins and you're putting huge holes in the snow with each step which, even if you're not shuffling snow out of the way when you walk, last for quite a while. There would have had to have been at least another day and maybe ten inches to conceal the footprints of your average 150-200lb man.

And yes, I'm local. I saw the weather.

*shrugs* This guy screwed up. He got caught. I'm not decrying him as a human being, and I don't think he's scum the way I think people who breed for fights and such are. I just think he's a guy who was out to make some money, didn't do his homework, and stuck his head out too far.

And no, I'm not a "humaniac" as the term was thrown around before. I've hunted (mostly in Aurora, ME) though I don't have the time to do so anymore. I fish when I can. I have no problem with keeping dogs outside when it's appropriate, etc.

12. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

well you seem to be in the know. What about my second question? Did the dogs show any signs of malnourishment or dehydration that showed they weren't being fed and watered regularly?

Also if it looked like noone had been out to feed the dogs in a day could it have been that the dogs were taken before he'd gotten out to feed the dogs that day?

13. Robber

Robber Big Dog

Wow, looks really horse$hit to me.

"...dogs are alive because we took action" Yeah, the really dogs looked like they were on death's doorstep - had plenty of weight on them("no food" LOL yeah they really looked to be starving...) , and as another poster said would not have looked the way they did with no shelter - didn't even act cold at all.

14. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

The guy that had his dogs taken is not the same guy that was a member here. They are both named Cliff but their last names are different. If you look on Redboy's ped, Clifford Dennis (the one who had his dogs taken) is the breeder and Cliff Greene is the owner. I know Cliff Greene, I spoke with him several times at the ADBA shows. He was a member here and he owned Redboy as well as this female and her son.
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=51233
    He is not the guy on the news video.

15. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

I was thinking the same thing when I read it.

The dogs looked no where near starved. They were looking for a reason to do it. And now they are trying to find reasons to continue.

Unless you were actually there all you can go on is what the news says. ANd they are ALWAYS right. LOL

16. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

OK. Thanks

17. Sydney

Sydney Big Dog

What about the "high winds" that could move more snow then one would think covering tracks...regardless, the dogs are fat and are not walking cold and hunched. The way they do when they are not well acclimated to the weather. Some times weather comes, and we just have to wait it out and hope for the best and do the best we can to get everyone through it.

I am sorry that the conditions weren't perfect for the bleeding hearts, but they are dogs and they looked to be in fine condition for the weather.

The food and water thing is silly. Water would be frozen, and food would not be left out. Maybe somethings aren't perfect in this picture, but these dogs are far from abused and neglected and these issues could have been resolved in a much different manner.

We've all seen this before...they will take in his dogs, charge an ungodly amount of money to keep and care for them, and in a few short days, weeks, or months will have racked up so much in fees that he will not be able to afford to have his dogs back with him.

This solves nothing!

18. mikem

mikem Pup

there were mo trck because a we had a blizzard and it was windy and the snow was powder , and b because the man lives in a motorhome on the property he doesnt have to walk in and out , i know this person very well

19. popper

popper CH Dog

if dogs arnt being fed treats24 / 7 and have a warm comfy bed people scream bloody murder

20. That's a load of horse shit argument as well. If it had been snowing for 24 hours, somebody very well could have went and fed dogs and OBVIOUSLY the tracks would be covered up.

People should really think a little before posting stupid shit and jumping to conclusions.