1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Revelations to a Dogman

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by misterdogman, Aug 5, 2006.

1. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

It use to be that a man had a good dog and the animal made his Papers famous. Now why does it seem a man has a good paper and that paper makes a dog famous? It use to be a man would register his dogs to show what he had and what he liked and what he planned to do. Why now does it seem the best dont register anything in fear of losing it or having their animals stolen? It use to be everyone who owned a APBT was a strong person who had respect for his dogs and strived to preserve gameness not worrying about shape or color. Why now does a round shaped badly bred but colorful mutt take away the cherished APBT name and destroy gameness? It use to be a sport with these dogs and a valued competition. Why now is it just a playground of immature childish people on the street using dogs just to brag about their own selves while making a bad name for the animals? It use to be a good life with these dogs a respectable life among your peers. Why now is it just a means of profit or lies with no respect or honesty? When did it become a way to make a buck instead of a well bred gamedog, when did it become a way to deceive someone new to the game instead of taking them under your wing and showing them with their own eyes? Why did people allow this to become the new game, the new game being, Lie breed and deceive to make money! It is not like it use to be, the old game was simple... Test, Match and keep for yourself to breed. It has all came to cause major revelations to me....
    What I have found... is to me..very simple. The situation today has made me decide these things...

I will never sell a dog, I will never register anymore dogs, I will never breed for anything but gameness and proper traits, I will never associate with the men who are not professionals and make their dogman lives in the streets, I will no longer associate with profiteers selling dogs for their financial benefit, I will not allow people on my yard to later steal my dogs or later or tell someone who will steal them... where they are at... instead of them learning properly and staying around and learning from me like I did with old dogmen before. I will not breed bad animals or breed unproven animals. I will not be the new breed of dogman I will if needed be all alone and unpopular before putting my head on their chopping block, even if this makes me scoffed at or hated or doesnt allow me to sell puppies or make a name for myself....well then thats great because I dont want to sell or trade ever.... or even be in the public eye, I want to be invisible and have my animals that I will care for and raise in the old way. I will raise good gamebred animals and make sure I maintain the values I promised to keep when I first said to myself ..."I am a Dogman"....I guess what my main revelation has become...is that im sad what a "Dogman" had to turn into ..to remain a real "Dogman".
    We all have to turn into Soldiers of the Shadows and pretend we dont exist......

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2006
    debodebo likes this.
  2. simms

simms CH Dog

Popularity aint what it's all cracked up to be anyway.....

Kuddos!

3. K kennels

K kennels Pup

Great post misterdogman....thank god that i was around during the good old days.....this sport is forever changed and i'm not sure if i can stand the future of this great game.........

4. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Thanks, and I am with you... I dont know where we are all headed but most people that mess with game bred dogs are guaranteed to bring forth our doom. With no assistance from us...

5. Ya, I just found out that more people are trying to breed "mini pitbulls" What is wrong with people?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2006
  6. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Yeah my ex has this little 2lb Chihuahua and she is always bugging me and telling me to make Pithuahuas, she knows I would never allow it but she always talks about how cute it would be, yeah I agree it would be cute but what would the purpose be, a genetic failure only in existence for one purpose...to die...I always tell her to go away when I see her and she mentions it but now its too late anyways ...3 days ago I saw in an Ames paper for sale, Pit Bull/ Chihuahua mixes, rare one of a kind and fiesty...250$...I was so pissed I called them and let them hear me bitch for about 10 minutes....I couldnt believe it at all....with people like this the breed has no future...not to mention Dogmen/women

7. I know what you mean MR.Dogman. It is very sad, and it hurts a lot of people out there that are really trying to promote the "Natural" "Real" APBT.....I am glad I never saw that ad....I most likely would have gotten the police called on me...for harassment, even though, no words I could have ever said would honestly have made a difference in their eyes or minds. And in no way would it have ever been enough stress on "HOW WRONG IT IS" to do this to the many people that do care about the breed, and how it should be done.

Some people will NEVER understand the true meaning of anything. it makes me sick to think about those pups, and what will become of it......

8. Quitugua

Quitugua Pup

Amen Brother, Well said...One of the many reasons why I really want to breed fastlane gamedogs. Nothing beats the good ol' days, nothing....

9. K kennels

K kennels Pup

the good old days are long gone.....maybe we can take the game back but i doubt it.....the end is a lot closer than we think.....

10. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

Great post Misterdogman!!!

11. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Mister, thank you. I truly enjoyed that post & I know that there are many of us with you.:)

12. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Well thank you for enjoying it and im glad there is lots of people who feel the same way....

miakoda and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

That was a great read! You wrote that very well and I could feel your passion. I loved it. Of course I wasen't around in the ol' days, but just in my own life, I've experienced some wonderful things that time changes. It's painful to think that so many things will never ever be the same again. Yet they seem to become replaced with something else new a beautiful. I hope this happens here. The people who keep the old ways alive are truely special.

" ...and so I know, things will never ever, ever be the same, again..." -STP song

14. SApits

SApits Pup

I'm younger than most of you and i feel the exact same way. I'll even hear some of friends talking about breeding pits b/c they think they will have "pretty" looking pups, and i try to explain to them how they are making a big mistake. Although their dogs aren't the 80 and 90 pound, fat, ugly blues, breeding a cur is breeding a cur and it's wrong as two boys F**kin. just my $.02

15. davidlau_2002

davidlau_2002 Top Dog

right on man. DAMN. right on. "greatest trick the devil ever did was convincing the world that he didn't exist." be the devil guys and keep it game. others, well, they can't handle the truth.

16. Attila

Attila Guest

Sir that was a very profound, heartfelt, emotional post. Bravo. You fully got my heart. May you always feel the heart and the smooth fur under your hand. I tip my hat to your fine post. I ask your permission to print it off and frame it? That is worthy of being inscribed and saved for the future who will never even have a clue of what you just said.
    Airborne!

17. Suki

Suki Guest

I enjoyed your words very much. Their reality can't help but go straight to your heart... :)

I can only hope that the candle that burns life to the APBT continues to shine brightly...

[​IMG]

18. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Well thankyou very much, you can do anything you want with anything I write....that is why im here to rant and rave about things I think about, and sometimes just sometimes I actually keep myself on topic and write something serious and heartfel like this, I was just thinking a lot today and a lot of things hit me when I was talking to an old friend and I had to put it into actual thoughts, so thanks Attila and everyone else ....you guys all make me feel like if I sit down and really put my mind to something I can actually make sense and really bring forth some valuable points....
    For what its worth anyway.

19. Attila

Attila Guest

Hey no problem I say it like I mean it. That was one hell of a great post. you can write that down.

20. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

LOL! You have a brilliant mind!