1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Retired Pit owner

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Moins, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Moins

Moins Pup

Upon the loss of my last dog I decided to abstain from any new APBT's in my life
    I decided the male I had was enough . I realize I was not equipped to give the care
    of my beloved breed I had chosen for the last 27 years
    I did not want any more dogs period
    The hart ache enough .
    But as luck has it , I had a customer who is 84 years old and she was moving to a retirement community
    she was sad over her Boston terrier and said " I cant take her with me "
    and if I get sick I worry for her .
    I ask how old is she
    She said she's 9
    Well I looked at the little 9 year old
    and said to my self
    My kids will love her , my male dog will like the company . she a house broken old dog .

So I took her
    & the little Boston is a hit .
    she is loved by my kids .
    Because she is small my male lays on his side
    to play with her .
    Over all she added a calming to the home
    They lick each other & they play
    I could not ask for a better companion for my male .
    Not one bit of tension from this mini matriarch
    -----------
    What a Boston is like
    They are built well , very strong for there size ,
    Play tug with strength unexpected power for there size
    this female is not fat yet weighs 29 pounds
    shes a stout little Boston
    Fast little dogs that can get the best of you .
    The weakness I see is the breathing
    & after a good 10 - 20 min of play
    they need rest due to the short nose
    The owner said to brachycephalic dogs age this way
    Hot days are rough
    Still compared to the Pits Ive owned
    this dogs is easy . I guess i'm Retired

2. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

3. Robertosilva

Robertosilva CH Dog

Nice story.

4. I just adopted a nine year old year old Boston in April that was an owner surrender due to going into a nursing home. What a coincidence. And, my experience is much like yours. Took him home to replace our beloved EB that had recently passed and to be a companion to our remaining dog. Your description could be about my dog their so similar. Same weight, surprising strength and quickness, house broken, well behaved little gentleman. Couldn't be happier. He's pretty happy too.

5. Moins

Moins Pup

I know . With some research you find that previous to 1893 a ferocious pit-fighter dog was known
    in Boston from which the Boston had it's foundation
    The Staffordshire Bull Terrier & American Staffordshire Terrier similar but differently
    bred to a conformation unlike the sporting APBT that ability is most important .
    My view is that in the heyday of dog sport in America there was overlap in the towns of America
    The American kennel Club set the pace for dogs Not called the APBT .
    UKC dogs closer to the
    beginning and still here
    But it's nice to know even though
    it's 100 plus years ago,
    some of that fire can be seen wile faint
    a Boston can put a smile on your face

with there ability & they are familiar to own.

6. I had a 20lb Boston bulldog a while back. Very active, outgoing fella. Smart as hell to. Loved my kids. I gave him to a lady who's 12 year old daughter was autistic. The dog gets more affection from her than he ever did here. Even sleeps in the bed with her. Great dogs.

7. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

I got me a chihuahua when she was 7 weeks old....I raised her the only way I knew how like a bulldog.....it was a learning process for both me and my chi as my chi has made me see the softer side of raising a different type of breed of dog, especially one that only weighs 10lbs. LOL.....she is so small I can fit her in the crotch of my pants like I am packing a bazooka. LMAO.....My chihuahua is a 29XW as that is how many stuff toy animals she has destroyed in her 2 year career. LOL Besides shredding her stuff toys she enjoys the flirt pole, tug o war and chewing on her XS black kong ball as well as her nyla bones....She also has a mean shake that can shake the stuffing out of the stuff toy literally. LMAO....I have also taught her how to tuck her front legs while keeping hold of her stuff toy animal. LMAO.....sometimes she will lift her leg like a male and pee on the wall and then scratch the ground with her hind legs like she owns this place. LMAO...She is one of the smartest dogs I have ever owned.....when I forget to fill up her water bowl she goes to the water bowl and starts pawing/scratching on the water bowl as if too say you dont hear me scratching on the damn water bowl for you to fetch me more water fool. LMAO....when she is hongry she will bark at me to get my attention then she will start licking her lips as if too say I am hongry dont you see my tongue licking my lips. LMAO....I never taught her any of this she just learned it all on her own, I just had to learn how to read her language is all. LOL

8. Moins

Moins Pup

There is some thing special about Pits no question
    but some times when a different breed comes along
    it's like ???? oh this is also what dog ownership is like .
    It's at that point you realize how the APBT actually trained you
    how to handle dogs.

Double 00 Buck likes this.
  9. Moins

Moins Pup

Might as well update : The little BT is fine , lost about 2 pounds . She developed a nice cut look . She plays basket ball
    with my son and thats some thing to see . He does all thats basketball and she does her best to get the ball & she does ,
    then she pushes the ball all over . It's not so easy to get the ball back. She does this till she can hardly breath .
    later on she's like the baby to my daughters & yes Pit's also have amazing human interaction stories & then some .

10. Jacob

Jacob Top Dog

If i was rich i would have one of every kind of dog.But the truth is if it ain't a pit it ain't shit.Just kidding man i love saying that.Boston dogs are great.