1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

TN: Rescue group searching for home for pit bull with string of bad luck

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Vicki, May 9, 2015.

1. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

Rescue group searching for home for pit bull with string of bad luck
    Posted: May 07, 2015 5:02 PM EST
    Updated: May 07, 2015 7:13 PM EST
    Reported by Jennifer Johnson

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -Pit bulls are generally known for their tough demeanor, but one in Nashville is stealing a lot of people's hearts.

Several months ago, Tater's owner died in front of him, landing him in an area shelter. Now, time is running out to find Tater a home.

"Tater lost his owner under some tragic circumstances and was on his own for a couple of days," said Laura Love with Pittie in Pink Rescue. "And then he was picked up by an animal control facility."

Hours before Tater was scheduled to be euthanized, Love swooped in to rescue him.

"When a friend of mine contacted me and told me what happened and his story, it just really broke my heart to pieces," she said. "I felt we had to help him."

[​IMG]

Love's rescue group, Pittie in Pink, has spent nearly five months trying to find Tater a new home.

This week, his stroke of bad luck has gone viral on Facebook with an outpouring of community support Love said she never expected.

"Maybe it's just his time, or maybe it strikes a nerve with people," Love said.

For the past six weeks, Dogwood Hollow Kennels has been allowing Tater to stay in one of their open kennels, along with another rescue dog named Parker.

But time is running out.

"That's when we get busy, when the kids get out of school, everyone's going on vacation," said Michael Vilanova with Dogwood Hollow. "The dogs are great here. We don't want to turn away dogs that we've let into our facility, but it gets busy."

For anyone thinking about adopting Tater, he has a few requests of his own.

"Pretty much any home with a big couch and a wonderful person who would give him belly rubs," Love said. "Play ball with him and ride in the truck with him, because he loves to stick his head through the sunroof."

Love also said anyone who adopts Tater cannot have existing pets.

For more information on Pittie in Pink and to reach out to Love, click here to visit their Facebook page.

Rescue group searching for home for pit bull with string of bad - WMC Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

2. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Ok anyone who adopts him can't have pets but where he is now he's housed in an open kennel???

March isn't the only month for Madness!!