1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Repeat breedings that didnt work?

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by tigerboy5, Apr 9, 2012.

1. tigerboy5

tigerboy5 Big Dog

Recently seen two litters that were working very well. One of the breedings was repeated but didnt take and the other may be tried again. I wanted to know if any of you had any experience or know of any breeding that were repeated and didnt live up to the first litter. Thanks in advance.

2. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

Oh yea all the time man, Hell Ive had it happen 2 times Clay hill had the same thing happen its not that un common. I dont get it at all my self , thats why I say its not on the end of every chain a game dogs is, Thay are a gift! But Ive allso seen alot of re pete do very well , I would for sure get one off a re pete before a throw the dice breeding.

3. tigerboy5

tigerboy5 Big Dog

I know what you mean. Its a little less of a gamble when you've seen the exact same breeding produce. But it just boggles my mind how the same breeding may noy be shit the second time around in the same dogmen's hands. By the way Triple J thanks again for checking into that for me. Can anyone post up some peds of breedings that were repeated and either worked or didnt work?

4. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

i saw one off the second breeding of shalako x miss rage, she was a pretty good little dog.

5. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

Pretty good and Champion type dogs are not the same thing LOL the first were Ch type, the second not so much, it happens !

6. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

well, i've seen more than one cur make champion and i've seen great game dogs that were 1x losers and never heard of again.
    the one i saw off the second breeding was a good solid bitch on the night i saw her. i don't know (or care) what she did after that.

7. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Every breeding is a gamble , even repeat breedings dont turn out the same, the goal is to try to get the odds in your favor.

8. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

i'd bet for every " good" litter there's a sub standard litter to go with it. that's if your honest with yourself & dogs. i ain't never met a honest fella that has success with every breeding.

9. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

Like I said it is half the man behind the dog, When they were doing good they worked as a team 5 of them all helping out the kennel had 75 head and every one did there part and they were successfull, but money greed and a bad case of Thats mine is what ruined clay hill, and there dogs. That is all that needs to be said, They were just more proof to my half man half dog idea. The better you care take and treat your dogs the better they will do for you.