1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Registering my dog

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by drtripiao, Jul 19, 2004.

1. drtripiao

drtripiao Pup

well guys i have a question, im kind of new to pitbulls. how do i register my dog? my dog doesnt have any papers as matter fact my cousin sold it to me. shes a nice looking bitch weighs about 40lbs. i wish she looked like her brother which is like 60 lbs.. my question is how do i get her paper or have her register.. take it easy on me because im new to this. if any of you guys could give me a hand it would greatly be appreciated..

thank you

andy

Attached Files:

2. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Basically, you can't. The mother and father have to have papers in order for you to get that dog registered, meaning they have to have registration numbers. Or if you know that the grandparents were registered and you know there registration numbers, and know the breeders, and can get signatures by them, you could register the parents and then your dog.....

Just raise her up as a pet and do your best for her...she's a good looking gal....
    BB

3. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Yep, if the dogs before her didn't have/couldn't locate papers, you can't register her. So, basically just do her right, and she'll give ya more back.

4. B-I-Z

B-I-Z Big Dog

having her registered isnt going to make her a better pet lol

5. Redtail74

Redtail74 Big Dog

Nice looking bitch you got there. Good luck with her.

6. CRG

CRG Top Dog

good loking dog. everybodies right papers are not going to make her a better pet.take care of her an she will do the same for you.

7. just make sure you treat her well and do not breed her get her fixed.

8. I have a question for yall to answer....how did the first pitbulls get registered? i kno the pit i had could have been registered because was all white, red nose, with green eyes and weighin about 80lbs at 1yrs. if u want to see a pic of him let me kno and i will email or try to hae someone tell me how i can have it posted up on my messages.

there is this site that allows you to register a pitbull....is it fake/scam....

Attached Files:

9. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

the first APBTs were registered through the UKC then the ADBA .. some of the founding dogs were also perhaps registered through their own counties kennel clubs or breed club..
    back then many people didnt keep acurate records..unlike Mr Colby who was said to be one o the most acurate of them all!

A breed can be around for a long time before it becomes a "recognized" breed in a kennel club

also ..any pup or dog out of registered parents can be registered. They may not fit in the breed standard or be suitable to breed later on. Being registered doesnt make a dog any better than a non registered.

10. Chainlyf

Chainlyf Pup

Majority of pitbull owners don't have papers. If your really interested in registering your dog with the UKC, I think you can do a single registration. The only problem is you have to get a certified UKC judge to judge your dog to see if it meets the standards. That's just one way of starting your own line, especially if you plan on breeding. Papers are just a way of keeping records. But if your not going to breed, forget the papers, it's waste of time and money. Check out UKC and ADBA for more info.

11. GT99

GT99 Pup

Yeah, Screw the papers. She is one fine looking pit, one of the nicer looking ones out there IMHO.