1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

registered or not

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by FrankDublin, Sep 18, 2009.

1. BustaH

BustaH Top Dog

you are forgiven my son.:rolleyes:

2. KINGKRACKER1

KINGKRACKER1 Big Dog

:eek:A.D.B.A. PAPERS IF NOT.... I DONT OWN IT!!! I HAVE ONLY HAVE 3 DOGS AND I PERSONALLY SAW THE BREEDINGS GO DOWN...I ONLY GET MY DOGS FROM CLOSE FRIENDS I TRUST...HOW ELSE DO YOU KNOW WHERE THEY REALLY CAME FROM AND THERE HISTORY? SOMEONES "KNOWS" THERE ANCESTORS AND BLOOD...RIGHT...:D

3. k_pbs

k_pbs Pup

Papers or not.. it depends. Remember that peddlers just love to hear people say or write on the net that there are no need for papers. Because the papers don´t make the dog.

if you know what you are doing, know the dog and where it is coming from and you not only trust the the person you get it from but _know in practise what dog it is there are probably no use for papers if you have the pedigree in your head.
    But how often is this the case with the ordinary "pitbull" buyer? Peddlers with vivid fantasy and with pups they don´t know anything about themselves, just that it is a dog you can get money from, don´t have or use papers. And that is how it should be, because they even wrote that on the net, they who knows what they are talking about: papers are for newbies.
    And scatter breds with unknown backgrounds are produced en masse to the masses, every day on and on... So, in those circumstances are the rule imo; no paper no Bulldog. Every dog without paper are a bastard with unknown background until proven otherwise.
    That is what I mean with, it depends. And then there are the false papers...

If someone buys a dog with papers and don´t know anything about the family or dogs on the paper, it is not of much use either.
    Knowing the person the dog comes from and the dogs, are the best and only way to be sure you get what you want imo. then the paper issue are not a problem. But generally; never believe anyone you don´t know who sells pit pups without registration. Never trust a pitbull peddler, at least not where I come from and I think it is about the same everywhere.

4. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

No offense Woody, but that says alot about a MAN when he accknowledge his own age but chooses to act younger, ie. inmature. As far as the op goes, I like the dogs to registered, regardless of the dogs there off of when I do breed my dogs they will be DNA profiled so I can back myself and my dogs up when and if I ever let any go.

5. BustaH

BustaH Top Dog

I refuse to grow up completely.:D

6. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

Understood, I, on the other hand only have time for Dogs, Family, and work. Didn't include friends because the people I put myself around I consider Family. Stop going out When I turned 23, grew up fast and it got old, no time in my life for fluzzies so I'm single right now.

7. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

your son
    you got the game all wrong bro

I aint no sun of yours your not god
    as I am a child of god
    do you know Im talking about????

8. BustaH

BustaH Top Dog

yawn......it wasw a tHrowaway comment frank get over yourself and lighten up a bit....THINK...IM NOT UR BRO BTW:D

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2009
  9. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

No fluzzies :eek:.. I got to have my Fluzzies.. I'm a junky :p.

Vic

10. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

yes my dogs i have now are registered and the one i have comin will be too. and if i could have another one like that particular male, id ask for 100. he was a huntin dog that became a legend around here. coyotes,badgers,coons, it didnt matter he loved the ladies, puppies and all people, but male dogs had to get the hell outta his way. he was alotta dog for a typical 18 yr old, but i wasnt new to the breed by then.unregistered, and i had a handwritten ped that was thorough and accurate. but now i choose to have my dogs registered to compete with. heres my sigs ped http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=272272

11. Frank if you own dogs that are registered post one with a picture pedigree!

12. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

no need to brod cast it but Ill let you know this im tryn to get some hardtimes blood what you know about it
    and it ties in nicely to what I do have

and if you nice about it

you may be lucky enough to get one as I dont sell much I like to keep them keep
    and at that point you can see what I have

13. LOL na I'm good! I just wanted to see if you owned a dog.

14. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

I only skimmed thru this thread as there's way too much drama and feelings in this thread, So if I type something already posted, I'm sry.

But I have always said and have always been told and taught that ITS the person you get the dog from NOT what the dog is...

I would feed a dog from 3 bloodlines that I don't like IF the person that sold/gave me the dog was a Trusted and Respectable dogman.

Shoot the dog could be 1/8 pat 1/8 Eng Bull Terrier and the rest muti bred Pit Dog, But if they told me he was a Bull Dog then that's all I need to know...

Not everyone needs to know, because too many ppl think they're breeders... 100x more breeders out there than hunters... Everyone wants to be as famous as FB or Carver but the thing is they sold dogs to ppl who used em, not just ppl who re bred those that they got...

Do something with your dogs Hunt boar, coyote, wild cat, work your dogs in a sport.

Papers are for pretty much one thing, peddling pups... And yes to Show and prance in a Ring to see if you have the prettiest dog. :-/

But most of that goes back to selling pups....

Now I'm not against selling dogs,,, Just Sell working dogs... Sell dogs from proven dogs... And reg. papers don't make that dog go faster or bite harder,, a proven family and good breeder(s) made that dog... It's all about WHO and not what...

But that's JM2C yall do what you want and what ever makes you happy and eff what anyone else thinks....

To many ppl want what makes them happy to make everyone else happy and if it doesn't make you happy it shouldn't make them happy

[EDIT] what that was supposed to mean is that everyone thinks that their way of doing things is THE ONLY way to do things and if you don't do it their way or believe something a tad bit dif. YOUR wrong because what you do or believe may be dif. I say the proof is in the pudding so let's go eat and find out.....

I hope some can follow that, I don't always relay what I want to say the best way...

To each there own is what I say, you do your thing and I'll do mine, and we can be happy with that, I'ma try my best to win just know that and we'll see that out come in the end, it'll be what it is....

Sry for the rambling rant

15. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

Frank you say you have had dogs 18 yrs and you still are asking dumb ass things like your post. Every dog man worth picking up shit knows you have to know what you have. But them being registered don't count for shit. I have hand wrote everything for ever and to be honest some of my foundation dogs were hand wrote also and given to me I could have registered them also but the paper and the truth were not eye to eye. So I wrote them the right way. and have done it like that .

16. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

Bobbie that was some good sh*t man, i ll give ya that. If more owners at least hunted with their dogs, it would benefit us all in the long run. The breed and the men behind em

17. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

18 years yep
    thanks for the reply trip
    Im just tryn to make a point here

point being

that even though you may not register your dog you still have the history
    of where your dogs come from to an extent
    yours are hand written on paper right this day and age I would call them papers

so why do you keep telling people papers aint shit

just about every sportsman on here said they would rather have papers

so why tell newbies papers aint shit when everybody on here
    has them unless you rescued the dog or bought it from a peddeler for cheap

18. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

ya tell a newbie that papers aint shit, cuz they buy a junk dog (usually their first) and brag em up based on how they are supposedly bred. you know what im talkin about..."the next Chinaman etc" . Little do these jackasses know they have a punk ass dog with hung papers and no grit. but dont bother arguing, cuz 9 times outta 10 they think they know more that you:rolleyes:

19. ANCHOR

ANCHOR Guest

where are all the sportsmen? lol... all well looked after pet bulls here...:rolleyes:

20. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

hahahahahaha, you obviously dont know much do you?
    do you honestly believe that everyone is going to post pics of hunting dogs?

as far as the original topic- "registered or not" (frank)
    you dont need to know- akin to what Bobby said- if the dogs work, run with it. would i personally breed an "unknown" dog? no, but that is my own opinion, it works for me and i stick by it. but a handwritten ped from someone i trusted? sure, wouldnt think twice about it provided the dog proved itself worthy and i needed a litter