1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

registered or not

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by FrankDublin, Sep 18, 2009.

1. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

Ive heard more than onetime breeding paper

the question is who realy believes that reg. paper means nothing

and why

this is to those that say they want to better the breed the tru fancier
    the dog men and women

keep it clean though

2. cutt

cutt CH Dog

........lol

3. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

so which do you like cutt

4. BustaH

BustaH Top Dog

The paper means nothing, paper is worth about as much as the paper it was printed on:D paper or no paper, the dog still has an ancestry regardless, paper is just a record of the ancestry:D dog still came from somewhere regardless.

come on Frank, you start these threads with obvious outcomes. most value in a paper ped? breeders period. wether they be legit dogmen or be they peddlars.

anyone with half a brain keeps a record anyway. which do you like frankie?

5. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

registered my self and I havnt sold a dog or puppy in years
    its not about money but to have an american pitbull terrier the papers are a big part of it

if there not hung papers

thers people that give these dogs a bad name and people that do the exact oppisite

and people that give registries a bad name also

but can you name me one prominant breeder of these dogs that didnt have papers hand Written or club
    and the ones that had handwritten records did so to keep people out of their business but 9 times out of ten there brood was registered with a major club

so tell me where they dont matter I know you dont breed unknown
    dog to your stock then hang papers on them to be such n such line

even in peddeling papers play a major role

6. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

paper are a plus but at the end of the day they are just papers. I mean people can hang papers but at the same time your more liekly to get screwed via word of mouth than off papers. But in the grand scheme of things what you are after is a good dog and a piece of paper isnt gonna be able to determine that

7. KBK

KBK Big Dog

The dog makes the papers. A dog with no papers or even scatter bred could be an ace.

Papers are just a tool to help you make INFORMED choices when breeding

JMO

KBK

8. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

it think that post sums it up right there^^^^ close er down Frank:D

9. I will go as far as saying THE ONLY REASON FOR PAPERS IS TO ENTER YOUR DOG IN A SHOW! I can't understand why papers are a big part of it as you say. I think you would be suprised by how many pedigrees are completely wrong! I can tell you off the top of my head how about 500 dogs are bred back to the 1800's, but guess what I was born in 1982 therefore I wasn't there so do I really know? If you were not there when each breeding was made, if you didn't see each breeding then you simply do not know!

10. lrk

lrk Big Dog

I like papers but if they are hung they are worthless. They are useful in breeding but best to best is usually the answer when breeding regardless of animal.

11. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

jbark, i cant even think of 500 dogs from the 1800s. i want u to P.M. me all 500 of them...or youre a phuckin liar:D

12. lrk

lrk Big Dog

And my general rule when breeding is "quality before quantity"

13. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

come on Jbark, dont make me get Ricky and his breeding stand, you wont sh*t right for a week he said.:eek: im on the phone with him now

14. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

all these are good answers
    and true but

theres always a but

how do you prefer it lets say paper hanging was never a facter

which way would you have it with or with out

we all know that good dogs can throw cur dogs

but Im simply saying If I were in those times and I was gunna raise him/her anyway
    Id rather the papers to prove what he/she realy is
    but if they dont make the cut I burn the papers anyway no need to have them just hanging around

15. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

breeders only you think what about the sportsmen that work on building better lines of dogs I belive they have papers all the dogs we read about have papers
    except one ch 35
    but what became of his blood I rest my case

16. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

allright Frank ill say it like this...if I were in those times like you said, id have NO need for papers simply because i aint gonna be conformation showing a gamedog. i would work with a select few buddies i could trust, keep all my DETAILED info for myself to be used at breeding time, and enjoy not having to look over my shoulder the whole time!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2009
  17. BustaH

BustaH Top Dog

that looks a bit chinese to me. If I has any clue what gush you are spewing I would dignify you with a reply but unfortunately you lost me lol ..sauce time?

18. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

if memory serves correct he was never bred

19. Frank I can tell you stories of about 10 dogs I have owned which I have no idea of their breeding that would much impress you! You honestly think 35 was the only exception? Woody Woody Woody if you only knew! SCREW YOU LOL :cool:

20. cameron

cameron Big Dog

he was bred but didn't produce. heard they thought of him as a patrick dog, but was a mainly a guess. wish i had a dog like him.