1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Red Nose Pit Bull & Dogo Argentina Mix? Help decide

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by clydealan83, Jan 5, 2007.

1. BamaBoy

BamaBoy Big Dog

Re: Red Nose Pit Bull & Dogo Argentina Mix? Help decide

I guess the Martinez brothers were great liars....seems as how the documented history comes from them.

They started in the mid to late 1920s and had FCA recognition in 1964 and FCI recognition in 1973. So, your saying in 40 years of breeding (lots of breeding) that the particular pheonotype could not be established....I would have to disagree with you on that one.

2. calikeith

calikeith Big Dog

yep the historys true and his grandson is still hunting hogs,so he can answer any inqurys any one has

3. Esse818

Esse818 Big Dog

You guys think this dog can compite with a pit bull? wich matches would a APBT win? weight pulling, fighting, GAME, stama runing, strenght, etc.

4. Re: Red Nose Pit Bull & Dogo Argentina Mix? Help decide

No way.....just look on the different breeds .If you know how this dogs act on a hunt (silent run for blood like Bulldogs) well then you know if you put just one Spanish Mastiff or Great Pyrenees into this line you could forged the hunting qualitys......yes I think they were liars like many other.....you have to make things interesting you know and 50-70 % Bulldogblood is not that big deal....

5. calikeith

calikeith Big Dog

who cares,there diffrent dogs bred for diffrent things,apples and oranges.The dogo is capable of running for 13 hours straight and battling 500 pound hogs,they are good dogs in there own right....
    http://www.dogoman.com.ar/

6. Esse818

Esse818 Big Dog

Whats the big difference? hog hunting, game, strength, agility, stama, it seems similare to me. correct me if im wrong

7. Re: Red Nose Pit Bull & Dogo Argentina Mix? Help decide

Gameness stands lonely about all other qualities. Exactly this does Bulldogs incredibly.

8. shawndogo

shawndogo Pup

By the pictures I would say yes your dog appears to be part Dogo. I have an 8 month old deaf Dogo named Chaos. Dogo's are odorless dogs, even when wet. They have a lot of loose extra skin in the neck area. They have a high pain tolerance, and are relentless players, they never give up or give in!