1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

red dogs

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by caineandroxi, Jun 20, 2011.

1. i was just wondering if anybody would be able to shed some light on something for me my dog cane had a normal tail upto he was 8-9 month then it developed a curve in it i know there isnt a break in the tail as it has been checked. sometimes it curves more than other times dependent on mood .but recently i saw a bitch who was bigger than him who was also red but a different shade with the same thing then today i was on the bus and saw another red dog with it aswell but the reason i ask as the one today looked like show stock the bitch i saw looked more like a pit and mine is abt 15 inch to the shoulder but lean and also my dog came from 70 miles away so expect there is no relation between them but all 3 are red and have the same thing.

2. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Sounds like the rare red cur curvetail.

3. AGame

AGame CH Dog

4. my dog holds his tail the same as the the dog in the photo but also normal and hook tailed but the others had it and im sure ive seen photos of other red dogs with it but my dogs dam was buckskin and didnt have it and was curious if it was common in red dogs wether there pits or staffs

5. pups 040.jpg bad photo but the only one with him standing

6. AGame

AGame CH Dog

well first of all it has nothing to do with the dogs color so that is irrelevant and no need to state the color of the dog but the dog may not be full blooded APBT it may have a spine problem but it is deffinately a fault if the dogs tail curls and goes over its back it is called a gay tail and i think if it is normal looking and curled at the end it is called a challenge tail not 100% sure on that one though but all in all im going to assume you do not have papers for this dog and would be your best bet just to call it a mix

7. the reason i stated color is there are alot around here and had noticed it in other colors but it was more prevalent in my dog and these two other red colored dogs the brindle bitch in the photo has it right at the bottom but only a small portion of her tail. his tail hooks like i said but never hangs over like a shepherd stick rather than like an akitas tail and hes a english staffordshire bull terrier no papers though not fussed as hes alot more agile than my bitch who is more like show stock was just wondering if it was more likely to pop up in red dogs just how deafness and skin problems are sometimes more prevalent in white dogs of certain breeds

8. jacko

jacko CH Dog

it"s called a ring or hooked tail ! lots of staffords have it and has nothing to do with the colour of the dog, also it is not considered a major fault but is not as desirable as the pump handle tail .

9. Baldwin

Baldwin Pup

You must up load the pictures of both dogs specially the pics of your dog because it is a very rare case.no one can explain correctly without seeing the pictures.I am giving you a honest and friendly suggestion if you want to get a useful reply.

10. fonzie

fonzie Top Dog

caineandroxi its just a differnt type of terrier tail

11. 12 gauge

12 gauge CH Dog

just out of curiosity, would you still believe your dog is a stafford if it had a red, liver, or chocolate colored nose but still 15 inch?

12. the reason a mentioned that the bitch a saw was more pit like was that she was about 18 inch to the withers and heavier built than my male the reason for using it as a description am used to people saying my own bitch is small for a staff and my male is smaller than her. i dont believe breeding should be governed by color ,height or weight aslong as weights and heights arent to the extreme in either direction i wasnt trying to say that you dont get pits at 15 inch or staffs at 18 inch. thats why a said pit like cause a wouldnt call any dog in the uk a pit till i had at least seen papers proving it because the uk is rife with bull terrier breeds and crosses to these breeds alot people in the uk are under the impression that any dog with a pit or staff style head that is bigger than average is a pit.for example a guy about a mile from me has a dog that is easily 8 stone he told me it was a pit a know the guy it came from the dog is a mix of american bulldog,bullmastiff,and staff the guy was made aware of what was in the dog but still insists its a pit cause of its looks.