1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Red Cell

Discussion in 'Tips' started by BishopBullyZ13, Nov 13, 2008.

1. BishopBullyZ13

BishopBullyZ13 Big Dog

So i work at a Farm Supply Warehouse, and my buddy was telling me that he uses Red Cell horse supplements on his Pitbull.......purple bottle with a gold horseshoe on it......Is This True does this work?.....How much should i put on his dog food and how often

2. BishopBullyZ13

BishopBullyZ13 Big Dog

Somebody????

3. Yard Boy

Yard Boy Big Dog

Your buddy is on the right track, but is destinied for failure at the same time. In NO way am I suggesting that your buddy is going to harm his stock nor that he is illiterate. BUT....That formula is dosed for horses! Being that he works at the farm supply store, he should be able to get his hands on a bottle of canine formula. Same company, same stuff, just designed for dogs and dosed for dogs. The canine formula is 3cc's for every 10 pounds. So IF you were to look at the equine formula, you would probably get 3cc in 6 months IF you managed to dose correctly. Follow me here? Now the reason I stress the dosage is due to the companys warning NOT to over do the dose UNLESS your dosing lactating bitches. Also states NOT to dose to cattle. So I would assume that that stuff is all on there for a reason.

Now, as far as results....I can't tell you I see anything visually. (Maybe I just don't notice it?) I simply use it for the suppliments and source of vitimans. I have seen it rebound sickly horses, so I investigated it myself. And upon seeing the dose label...I found the canine formula and have used it ever since. I give my doses orally with a plastic loader. 16cc per dog at 50 pounds outta show weight. And 13 during the show schedule. The 1cc over is for the dripped slung out reactions. (lol) My dogs all take meds wonderfully, and will eat the loader if ya hand it to em but my dogs WILL NOT eat the food with it poured over the feed as suggested. So I do oral!

IF you can't find the canine version there....WHITE bottle, same purple and gold image, get at me. I get 1 quart bottle for $10.75 plus tax. 1 quart will dose 53 dogs at 50 pounds. A few more if less than 50 pounds!

4. BishopBullyZ13

BishopBullyZ13 Big Dog

okay so i will look Tomoroow at the store, .....He Told me a teaspoon over the dogs feed.....But hes Mexican and its hard to understand him so i didnt try to go into too much detail.....If i cant find it i'll message you on here....i dont know how to private message or anything, im new to tha site....just trying to get the big pitbulls like you see online....thanks

5. Crystal621

Crystal621 Big Dog

The big pitbulls? Like AmBullies? Not trying to start an argument or be rude, just wondering what you meant.

Anyway, no matter what supplements you use, it's not going to change your dogs genetics.

If your dog is meant to have big/bulky muscles-it will.
    If your dog is meant to have lean/long muscles-it will.

6. BishopBullyZ13

BishopBullyZ13 Big Dog

I gotta 1 pitbullthats Big Bulky, My Friend has his brother and its long and slender..?? So.....what u feed him and do with him matters some.......

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2008
  7. BishopBullyZ13

BishopBullyZ13 Big Dog

[​IMG]i like Big pits like theese

8. Crystal621

Crystal621 Big Dog

It's genetics. All the way. Some litters can very greatly in size. That's the explanation for that, not what you feed him...unless he's just fat and your friend keeps his fit. To a lot of people Fat=Big/Bulky/Muscular.

There's nothing in this world I can give my dog to make him look like the AmBully you posted. It's GENETICS.

[​IMG]

The pic you posted is an AmBully, not an APBT. Again, you can't supplement to MAKE your dog look like that...either he will or he won't. Depending on his what? Genetics.

9. BishopBullyZ13

BishopBullyZ13 Big Dog

oooooooooook? we'lll c

10. Yard Boy

Yard Boy Big Dog

WOWWWWWWW......I NEVER seen this coming! :eek:

I been feeding Red Cell (every other day) and Vertex (bred/nursing bitches and show dogs prepping for show)for quite some time, and NEVER have I achieved THAT.

CORRECT! You get that overdone excessive mutation from breeding for that. There is NO feed nor supplement that you can feed to achieve that.

11. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

i hope that statement isnt you rising to the challenge, you are going to wind up killing your dog.
    do some research, REAL research-not buddies "he said she said"type of research.
    research mendelian inheritance, gentic predisposition, and lastly but most importantly-resulting risks of improperly dosing your animals with supplements (i.e kindey failure, heart failure, etc)
    supplelents are fine when used properly...some of my dogs get them. but not to get big and bulky, moreso for skin and coat health and vitamins.

if you want a AmBully (like the dog you posted) then go buy one, dont try to ~create~ one

12. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

Genetics plays the biggest role in all of it.

Sure you can make a dog fat/ skinny, muscular etc....however you cannot over power mother nature. A dog is only going to be able to do what its genetics allow it to do and that is reality.

13. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

I don't think that's even a pit as in pitbull. Sorry, just my opinion.

14. KuttersKru

KuttersKru Top Dog

That's a totally different breed, so instead of risking the death of your dog in your endeavors, just go buy/adopt an American Bully. Just don't expect the two breeds to be exactly like one another in the way of stamina and drive

15. BishopBullyZ13

BishopBullyZ13 Big Dog

haha............My Dog Zues is amstaff...Just Big and kinda looks fat...I heard red cell is like the mster key to the lock that controls the muscle building..........He's Muscular dont get it twisted....Just want him to be more tone......

16. PADogman

PADogman Top Dog

Well you heard wrong...

17. BishopBullyZ13

BishopBullyZ13 Big Dog

18. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

What the heck is that? Unless I am reading it wrong that isn't a canine supplement. That is for people.

I'm pretty sure this is what everyone else is talking about http://www.petvetsupply.com/psudhhp001.html

19. BishopBullyZ13

BishopBullyZ13 Big Dog

0k...thought that was the k9.........So What im getting is that the red cell doesnt do shit.....its useless....

20. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

Well if you are looking for something that is going to make your dog something it is not then I guess it is useless. You can put some muscle on your dog, but like many have said it is all genetics.

This stuff is just a liquid multi.
    http://www.jefferspet.com/ssc/assets/label_info/142.htm