1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Raw feeding helpful references/cheat sheets

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Beatrix Kiddo, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

2. Carson

Carson Pup

3. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

^ thank you, feel free to add any other useful information.

4. Carson

Carson Pup

5. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

search any cut of meat for bone percentages plus other nutritional info.

type your search>select from the drop down> click full report

Foods List

6. Kelticwarrior

Kelticwarrior Top Dog

it doesn't mention anything about veggies. Veggies add fibre and a bit of carbohydrate into the diet, you can put 10 to 15% of the meal as certain veggies when you're feeding a raw diet. The dog will derive carbohydrates from the veg. There are some veggies that are not good for a dog and you'll have to look up which ones are right and which ones are wrong to feed to a dog. The veg need to be partially boiled and then pulped a bit before mixing it into the meat.

7. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

I personally feed a raw fruit/veg puree. I pour Into once cube trays and feed one every other day. But some strictly follow the pmr model so I haven't included any info on it. I'll look for resources on it for those interested

8. Mop Master

Mop Master Yard Boi AKA MopMaster, Gutter Boy & LWG

them PMR folks are crazy!......damn near a cult....

9. phoenix walk

phoenix walk Big Dog

should be mentioned ,the food can be balanced out over time , no need to have each meal exactly balanced

10. olddog

olddog Big Dog

Many moons ago (yeah - that long) I used to feed a cheep dry food mixed w/ chicken livers and gizzards (back when they were cheap) and chicken necks (almost free) cooked up and mixed into the dry food. I'd like to try RAW on my next dog - what age can/should you change a pup over & I'm guessing very gradually? Does anyone remember the recipe for "the golden egg" ? It was egg yolks, sardines, cod liver oil, ...can't remember the rest ? Fed it to pregnant females, underweight pups, dogs on the mend ... really worked well and made the coats look great.

Olddog

11. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

you can put them on raw right from weening. I fasted for a day then made a 100% switch cold turkey with no issues or digestive upset.