1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

raw diet

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by brenner, Dec 27, 2010.

1. brenner

brenner Pup

was wondering about starting 7 week pup on raw diet. ive never fed this to my other dogs so im new to this way of feeding. my question is if a young pup of this age cant handle ckicken bone what do substitute for so they still get the right amount of vitimins, and at what age can you introduce chicken on the bone to their diet ? any info would be apprieciated. tnx

2. What i do, and im NO expert, but ive been feeding raw for 9 years, I normally buy chicken necks and chicken backs, and get out the hammer, cause you're going to crush everything up into tic-tac size pieces. The idea is to get the dog used to chewing. Ive got a 12 week old Alapaha that ive been feeding raw since 8 weeks. I dont have the link, but a really good forum is the " dog food nutrition forum",,google it.. He's been on chicken bone since 8 weeks, i just make sure i crush everything up. The sound of me crushing bones is like the dinner bell, all 3 dogs start to go nuts, cause they know whats coming.

3. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

I just started weaning my 4 week old pup onto raw. I'm using Natures Variety Raw frozen diet which is a complete meal. Its got the bone already ground up with the meat and veggies. As he grows I'll be adding necks and backs etc., chopped up, until he can chew whole bones on his own.

4. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

whats the cost of that vs grinding up yourself?

5. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

The 2lb chub I just bought was about $8 compared to raw chicken thighs which cost me from $.99 to $1.29 per lb. The NV is way more money but for me its more convenient to have it already ground up, considering its only temporary and I dont have to invest in a grinder.

6. brenner

brenner Pup

tanx alot lads thats all the info i need right there app. it